SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sight Gut Check - Quick Question Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sight Gut Check - Quick Question Please Login/Join 
posted
I have plans on replacing the front sight on my P365 with a HD Yellow Trijicon because my 58 year old eyes is not picking up the Green X-Ray front site very well.

My Question - My P365 shoots about 4” low so my question is this - can I replace my current #6 Green X-Ray sight only (would like to leave the #8 rear sight on the pistol that is on it if possible) with a #4 HD Yellow while leaving the current rear sight on my P365 that came on the pistol and this would bring up my POI 3-4 inches at 25 feet?

Thanks for any feeedback...

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I hope you meant yards.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I hope you meant yards.

Yes - Yards not Feet. Thanks kkina

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how Trijicon numbers their sights, but for SIG sights higher numbers raise point of impact, so you would want a higher number, not a lower number.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
I'm not sure how Trijicon numbers their sights, but for SIG sights higher numbers raise point of impact, so you would want a higher number, not a lower number.
Yep, numbers up, impact up. If it's a Trijicon sight made for a SIG, the numbers should follow the same convention...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If you feeling like rolling the dice, the easy answer generally seems to be a #8 front with a #8 rear. I absolutely loathe SIG's "combat sight set up", and it always seems to come on pistols in the form of a #8 rear and a #6 front.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post