SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone bought the new Sig P320X Carry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone bought the new Sig P320X Carry Login/Join 
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted
I got to handle a P320X a few days ago and found it to be fantastic, it fit my hand better than any gun I now own, I made a deal to trade my P320 Carry for it of course I have to throw in a little cash, but this gun I think is worth it to me, so do any of you own one, and if so what do you think of it, good and bad...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have a compact, RX compact and the x-carry compact. I put a Romeo1 on the X-carry and a taller front sight.

The compact had the modification done and I haven't noticed any difference pre vs. post modification. It has been a solid pistol for me.

The RX compact has had the modification done and the same report as the compact.

The Romeo1 allows me to shot more accurately vs. iron sights of the compact or the RX compact. The groups are equal between the two using iron sights. The difference between the Romeo1 and irons, from a rest, is noticeable. For me, irons- about 2" group, Romeo1- about 1.25" group at 25 yards, with my handloads.

The X-carry with Romeo1 has produced similar groups as the RX compact, under the same conditions, using both irons and the Romeo1.

My X-carry is back at SIG right now. Out of approximately 300 rounds, I have had about 6 failures to eject. The spent case has stayed completely in the chamber. The slide sometimes could move about 1/4" to the rear and stop dead. Other times, it was locked tight and wouldn't move at all, until it completely broke free, in an instant. It took an inordinate amount of force to eject the cases- factory ammo. I almost resorted to using the shooting bench against the muzzle to eject the cases. I'm interested in hearing what SIG has to say.

Consider the RX compact has night suppressor height sights and the Romeo1 included cost me about $781 after tax and the X-carry plus Romeo1 ran me $990 purchased separately ($730 shipped and $260 shipped respectively).

Everything considered, if I had to do it over again, I would have stopped with the RX compact. I also prefer the RX compact over the standard compact model.

YMMV

PS- I thought I heard that the SIG may start selling X frames at some point in the future.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I picked up an X-Carry about 2 months ago and love it. Since then I have sold one of my P320 compacts and I have another P320 compact on consignment at a lgs.

Here's my thread on the X-Carry.

X-Carry

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a X-Carry. Put 200 rounds through it so far. At 10 yards I was shooting 3-4 inch groups un supported. It was a very good shooter and the trigger is fantastic!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine 2 weeks ago, it is by far the best fitting polymer frame I have ever handled.

And in 25 years it maybe the first gun to dethrone my 226 as my favorite pistol.

I put 500 rounds through and it is capable of same hole accuracy.

Cleaned it and put another 150 through it yesterday.

So far i have been very impressed.

"We beg you, please don't squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us" 2 Cor. 6:1 The Message

Posts: 774 | Location: FL, USA | Registered: February 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the input, it's very much appreciated, and all sounds good, except for 10-7 Leo and his problem, I hope that is taken care of, Sig is a great company to take of their customers, I'll be picking up my P320 CARRY today, from what I saw the other day I'm already happy with my decision, as soon as I get some range time I will post my results, but rain is spoiling that for a few more days..

Does anyone know if a standard kydex holster for a reg. P320 Carry will work/fit the new P320X??? If so please let me know who you like company wise...thanks ahead of time...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up last month. I put a Romeo 1 on it but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Got in a car accident right after picking it up and haven’t felt good enough to hit the range since then.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine about 2 months ago and like it just fine. I have a broad hand and fit the grip well. Probably won't carry it concealed, but mostly use it on the range and in the desert.

Posts: 15 | Registered: October 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any word about buying the X-5 grip modules separately? I would like to put them on my regular P320s.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
Does anyone know if a standard kydex holster for a reg. P320 Carry will work/fit the new P320X??? If so please let me know who you like company wise...thanks ahead of time...

My holsters are from Dara Holsters. On their site, there is a definite difference between an RX holster and a standard holster. They allow a fair bit of customization so you should be able to get exactly what you like. They also offer a veteran/ first responder discount.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
10-7 LEO, thanks for getting back, I'll check them out, I was told the trigger guard on the p320x is a little thicker than the reg. p320...

Thanks again guys for all your reply's

Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Hope you're feeling better soon , that new P320 X needs to be run... mine too...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks guys for the input, it's very much appreciated, and all sounds good, except for 10-7 Leo and his problem, I hope that is taken care of, Sig is a great company to take of their customers, I'll be picking up my P320 CARRY today, from what I saw the other day I'm already happy with my decision, as soon as I get some range time I will post my results, but rain is spoiling that for a few more days..

I received my Silent Thunder holster yesterday. I typed in exactly what I wanted (I.e. holster for x carry with cut for RMR). It is perfect.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
LVJD, Thanks, I'll check them out

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told the trigger guard on the p320x is a little thicker than the reg. p320..

The Dara Holsters I have are cut for a 320 with a Romeo1. I use the same holster for my non Romeo 320. The holster's retention screws can be adjusted to give you the level of draw resistance you desire.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input guys, I called Sig and asked them about holsters, only because I hadbeen told that the trigger guard was a little wider on the 320X over the reg. p320, there answer was that was not true, and any P320 CARRY/COMPACT holster will fit the P320X just find..so this makes selection much easier...

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Mine should arrive today! It’ll be P320 number five for me.

Since I just sent three of my four P320s off for the upgrade my 4th one needed some company...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for all the input guys, I called Sig and asked them about holsters, only because I hadbeen told that the trigger guard was a little wider on the 320X over the reg. p320, there answer was that was not true, and any P320 CARRY/COMPACT holster will fit the P320X just find..so this makes selection much easier...

I really like the BladTech that I use for the p320c. When I first put my new XCarry into the holster, it did not work. After tightening the retention screw, I am again a happy camper. But yes, the trigger guard is thinner.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up tonight. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to get into the red dot game so I bought an X Carry and then added a Romeo 1. It looks nice and seems functional.