SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber EVO SP?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber EVO SP? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Saw this and not quite sure what to think. I like the looks and concept, but I remember how well the Solo worked out...

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...istol-called-evo-sp/

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Neat little pistol. That said, I bet it will have an impressive......and optimistic price tag. And, it is a Kimber. So I wonder what the reliability will be like.

The Kimber revolver is a sweet piece. But I was soured off of Kimber semi autos long ago. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. Solo: a gun buyers nightmare story.

And now comes the sequel. At least they didn't bring back the 'Solo' name. Here's hoping that they learned something from their mistakes this time around. But considering that the Micro 9 has done as well as it has, I have to wonder why do they even bother? The Micro 9 is a natural fit with the rest of their 1911 offerings; this one's an outlier just like the Solo was. Simply Kimber trying to tap into the Glockaholic market segment?

I think I'd rather take my chances with a 365 than a Solo reboot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
They talk it up as a metal frame. This is for folks who don't like polymer. Folks who are fine with polymer will stick with what they've already got.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I think it will also appeal to people who don't like cocked and locked SA pistols.

A large segment of people I show the 938 and Kimber Micro 9 to like everything about them EXCEPT the cocked and locked aspect of those guns. This gun eliminates their major objection. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it certainly looks great. Wonder if they are able to hit the magic 10rd capacity. MSRPs at $850-$1050 though... Eek

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd by another K6 pistol (3" bbl this time) before I'd buy this new Kimber. I'm not a fan of Kimbers in general, and the suggested retail price of this new offering will only appeal to those who are fans.

Kimber doesn't have a great reputation, which doesn't come by mistake. To offer a new pistol which comes with a questionable quality based on its heritage at a non-competitive price is a poor strategy on Kimber's part.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of no information at this point. What are the dimensions? What's the mag capacity? Do they offer a mag without the elephant's foot? Etc.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I sooo want a good quality, dependable, small, all metal, lightweight, striker fired 9mm pistol. However, tried the Solo and the R51, neither was dependable. Tried the Kahr K9. It was dependable but not lightweight and the trigger reset was too long. This looks promising, but I'll wait before dropping the type of coin Kimber will want for one.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
There's a lot of no information at this point. What are the dimensions? What's the mag capacity? Do they offer a mag without the elephant's foot? Etc.

I’m pretty sure it’s built around the Micro 9/938 magazine. The micro 9 elephant foot/extended mag is pictured in the link above. To me this just looks like a new iteration of the Solo aka a striker fired micro 9

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prediction is that is going to fail in 3...2...1.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It looks like the newest edition of Remington’s R-51. I have a Kimber Series I pistol that I would never sell but I’d wait on this to see how it turns out.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Solo that shoots ammo my ultra chokes on. My Solo has never had a problem with any ammo. Go figure!

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’d give it a year or two before buying one. Let’s see what’s wrong with THIS one.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Wonder if they are able to hit the magic 10rd capacity.

Looks like a 7 round Micro 9 mag to me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is interesting, and manufacturers do correct mistakes. ALL major gun makers sometimes have problems. Most recently was the Sig 320, I believe. I often hear, "I could never again trust it with my life," or some such nonsense. Ever have a tire blow out, or brakes fail?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
The SP/CDP variant is pretty to look at. But they won't be getting my $$

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post