SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FN 509 LS Edge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 509 LS Edge Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Curious as to opinions of this gun or would love to hear if someone has one and can do a review. I'm a fan of FN as I own several and you can't ask for more when it comes to reliability. I don't shoot competition so don't know what the need for me would be but the want is there. Wink Too big for cc and at a $1500 msrp there are a lot of other offerings to look at such as the CZ Shadow.

FN has never been one to go for the pretty gun look but with the lightning cut slide there is some sex appeal to it. The trigger looks great. I'd love to fondle one and see how ergonomic it is.

There is a 24 cap mag available. Must be heavy brute with a half a box of ammo stuck in it.

Link to FN Page

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I haven't got this new version, but I do have the original 509. Mine has been accurate, outstanding, and flawless for its entire life.

I used it for a 2 day training class involving 750 rounds of fire. On the second day, it rained hard all day. The 509 was the only gun that didn't have a gun related issue.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am getting one

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was a toss up between the Vp9L and this. I went with the Vp9L, but I still might end up with one of these in the near future. Great looking gun

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post