SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom Login/Join 
posted
Any love for this pistola ?

I have become a CZ fan boy over the last few years. My first purchases were several of the all metal guns followed by some polymer with the P07 and a short time later a threaded barreled P09. A couple of months ago I was in my fav LGS and after making my way over to the CZ section saw that they had recently got a Phantom in. Now I had done some reading about it and at least knew that they had discontinued this model awhile back due to a lack of sales and bulging issues with the polymer that they were using. I guess the only difference with the new vs old version is the use of the better plastic they are using from the P07 and P09 series.

Anyway I am really digging on this pistol ! The grip is more like the 75 series than the P07/09 models, I like the Phantoms alittle better. The trigger is typical CZ but I have really been spending alot of time working/shooting the DA/SA and have become much more proficient with it. The only real issue I have with it as with other CZ pistols are the sights. I have installed a set of TRX Pros and like them ok but I really wish Trijicon would manufacture some HDs for them. I have emailed them numerous times. Frown

Anyone else have one ? Thoughts ?

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
CZ-USA brought in a ton of these into the US this past year; in fact for the longest time it was about the ONLY CZ pistol (excluding Dan Wesson) that they had available for ordering and immediate shipping. We brought in a few ourselves; we have been a bit surprised that they haven't sold that well compared to how the P-07 and P-09 poly hammer guns have done. I'd guess that most folk who want a 75 won't settle for anything less than all-steel. Though the regular SP-01 we had sitting next to it in the display case took a longer than usual time to sell on its own. Yeah, the Obama days are long past...

For me the Phantom grip texture could stand to be more aggressive (as-is it's too Gen3 Glock-like), but it otherwise does a good polymer impression of my SP-01 Tactical, only not as painfully heavy to wear on the hip as the all-steel original.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an old model Phantom. No separation of the frame and it is very accurate. I think they stopped coming to the US earlier because they had a big order from their military and police departments and couldn't keep up.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post