SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    i now have a beautiful set of bi-tone 220s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i now have a beautiful set of bi-tone 220s Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
i think I have the Sig Sickness (Sig-ness). I ran across a bi-tone P220 in excellent condition to match my existing bi-tone P220 and I had to have it. The latest one came with Hogue rubber grips, so I immediately changed those to a 1993 set till I can locate Sig marked ones like my other. I also ordered new grip screws. the only annoying issue is this one has the Mass. compliant 'witness' hole. So, Im on the lookout for said old school marked grips if any of you have any. A very nice member here gifted me the marked set you see.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice pair. First SIG I ever bought was a P220 that I sent out to Robar for NP3 two-tone work, same pattern as your two.

Was my carry gun for many moons, gave it to my brother and he was kind enough to send it back a couple years ago. Good dude. Smile

I have a P220-patterned set of grips I would trade you for the checkered ones if you'd like. Would give them to you outright, but need to have something for my pistol to wear also. Heh.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have a 1994 model in similar condition. I put Hogue grips on mine as well.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Very nice twins... I have the triplet to go along with them, except I opted for the G10 grips.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a nice addition, congratulations.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Great pistols!
I'd like to get one like yours and then get a second one with a silver frame and black slide and controls. Kinda like a photo negative of each other.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
I have always wanted a P220, and that’s exactly what I have in mind. Some beautiful pistols posted!

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
Very nice twins... I have the triplet to go along with them, except I opted for the G10 grips.

I have those same grips on my two-tone P228, the lady likes her shoes!

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Really love the nickel accents. I used to have a pair of all black with nickel accents, no rails, K-Kote finish on the slide. Should never have sold them.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That's a nice pair you've got there bolo.

How 'bout a full Sig family photo?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pair.

As I have often said, one day everyone will own a P-220, or wish they did.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thanks guys. very happy with these 220s..all my 220s really. I still want those G10 Sig marked grips. just amazingly beautiful. I do have a set on my 220-10mm but they'll stay on that pistol.

remsig, I don't have a pic of all the pistols in one photo but I have pics as I acquired them. keep in mind, the 220 bi-tone is the same one in the last pic. I think I only have 16 Sigs. I sold the blued 386 when I got the stainless slide one.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice bolo! You've amassed quite a nice collection sir.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thank you. im always on the hunt for a new/different Sig