SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Warn your newbie friends about all the scammers out there
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warn your newbie friends about all the scammers out there Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Looks like the scammers are coming out of the woodwork to feast on the ignorant. Check out these identical listings from new sellers using the same images. One in LA, one in Wisconsin. Also check out the seller’s other listings. “Text to contact us” and “payment by PayPal, Zelle, and Venmo”. Run away.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889667484
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889669729

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/...cludeSellers=6265137

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Seller Ships Internationally".
Right.... Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that the advertisements have since been removed from GunBroker's site.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Good to see. I'm sure they'll be relisted later today with the same P226 pics/features/terms and new seller accounts.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
$1000 for a sub2000. Well, if it's too good to be true.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Looks like GB took it down.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Optic planet ranks right up there with the worse
They are slick , once you order you will be notified your item is being processed and prepared to ship . Except they don’t even have it in stock . You cannot cancel if your order is in processing or shipping status .
I should have done my homework and reach out to this forum .
Lesson learned .

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems they are infecting everywhere. On GB, I only buy from big vendors or dealers with many positive reviews. Some local boards by me are infested with scammers.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
It seems they are infecting everywhere. On GB, I only buy from big vendors or dealers with many positive reviews. Some local boards by me are infested with scammers.

That’s because people fall for it. Scamming is a trillion dollar business. And it is a business because people fall for the scams. The old “you’ve got warrants, send me green dot money cards” is 20 years old. (Or older). It has all the hallmarks of a scam. But, despite about being warned, people still fall for it. I got an automated call Thursday in broken English that my Verizon account had been suspended. To reactivate it, they want my account number and last four of my social. Why do you think? Because maybe 1 out of 10 fall for it and they order 10 new iPhones and send them to a PO Box in Atlanta.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I used to play on Armslist until they went pay. That place was a back alley in a smugglers bazaar. Sadly there were times when both parties were probably legit but you just couldn't trust anyone and both sides knew it. I ended up mostly doing local stuff and got lucky once or twice with the out of town stuff.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

That’s because people fall for it. Scamming is a trillion dollar business. And it is a business because people fall for the scams. The old “you’ve got warrants, send me green dot money cards” is 20 years old. (Or older). It has all the hallmarks of a scam. But, despite about being warned, people still fall for it. I got an automated call Thursday in broken English that my Verizon account had been suspended. To reactivate it, they want my account number and last four of my social. Why do you think? Because maybe 1 out of 10 fall for it and they order 10 new iPhones and send them to a PO Box in Atlanta.

Don't get me wrong, I am in complete agreement with you. It is just a shame it goes on as much as it does and people don't use their heads anymore when it comes to it. Instead, the 1 out of 10 will always be with us.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not just the shady places. Buds Gun Shop does the same thing. Months ago I got a notification that CZ P07 Kadet kits were back in stock. Great. I ordered one. They charged my card. And waited and waited. Over a month later I call them. Turns out you can’t speak to them. Too busy I suppose. They have email and a chat function. So I do this. They had an excuse for everything. I just wanted to know if they actually had them or not. Was it in process of shipping or not. I told them I didn’t give a fuck about their disclaimer I wanted a refund or I would dispute with my cc. They finally caved and refunded my money. I’m kinda done with Buds. The prior sale was ammo and they shipped it in the original carton and it got demolished in transit. Couldn’t be bothered with placing into an actual shipping box like every other ammo seller I buy from. They want you to buy insurance against damage. Of course they won’t pack it correctly so they wanted me to basically build them a shipping container to send back their stuff before refund. Fuck them. Too big now for their own britches. I ended up keeping it because it was a good price even then and trying to repackage 30 lbs of ammo seemed like more trouble than it’s worth. Shitty ammo though. Don’t know if Aguila just sucks or the water damage was the issue. Either way I’ve been practicing my malfunction drills throughout COVID.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, Buds changed ownership last year. They’ve gone to shit since. Marty Wells, Buds son, ran a great shop. Sad to see them go. Even old Bud taught CCDE classes, must be in his 80’s. Kind of a local legend.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
It’s not just the shady places. Buds Gun Shop does the same thing. Months ago I got a notification that CZ P07 Kadet kits were back in stock. Great. I ordered one. They charged my card. And waited and waited. Over a month later I call them. Turns out you can’t speak to them. Too busy I suppose. They have email and a chat function. So I do this. They had an excuse for everything. I just wanted to know if they actually had them or not. Was it in process of shipping or not. I told them I didn’t give a fuck about their disclaimer I wanted a refund or I would dispute with my cc. They finally caved and refunded my money. I’m kinda done with Buds. The prior sale was ammo and they shipped it in the original carton and it got demolished in transit. Couldn’t be bothered with placing into an actual shipping box like every other ammo seller I buy from. They want you to buy insurance against damage. Of course they won’t pack it correctly so they wanted me to basically build them a shipping container to send back their stuff before refund. Fuck them. Too big now for their own britches. I ended up keeping it because it was a good price even then and trying to repackage 30 lbs of ammo seemed like more trouble than it’s worth. Shitty ammo though. Don’t know if Aguila just sucks or the water damage was the issue. Either way I’ve been practicing my malfunction drills throughout COVID.

I believe Aguila is good ammo and I have been using it in my 22 9 mm for years without issue. It is probably water damage or something else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been hearing bad things about bugs for many years and I am surprised that people still use them. I read reports that you cannot through customer service you have to spend an hour to on the phone if you do get through to them and so on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It could be water damage. The package arrived wet and the box was in tatters. Showed wife and we were surprised the delivery truck didn’t end up with 5000 little bullets running around inside.

I went back and forth with them and ended up just eating the purchase. Then Covid hit and I was glad of the extra ammo. It is unreliable though. In better times maybe I will try them again, just not their shipwrecked version.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post