SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2022 40s&w upgrade trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 40s&w upgrade trigger Login/Join 
posted
After shooting my 320 with its new trigger from the vup, I want to upgrade my 2022 now with something similar. Any ideas, I’m going to ask sig what they think. But till they reply to my email asking here. I seen a adjustable one , but would like something close to what my 320 has now if possible

Posts: 50 | Location: florida | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Two pistols with completely different actions.

Not sure what you're looking for, but SIG sells a standard and short reach trigger for the SP2022, but nothing that's adjustable. That would be an aftermarket part like the Galloway Precision part. There may be others out there, but the aftermarket folks haven't really put out much for the SIGPro line.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the one adjustable is aftermarket but That’s what shows up on searches I do. And I just want something similar to what I have one my 320 so I can have same feel

Posts: 50 | Location: florida | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I don't see you getting the same feel as a striker fired weapon on a DA/SA hammer fired weapon, as I said, two completely different designs... You want the same "feel" on which pull, the DA or the SA? You're being a little unclear here.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok sorry ,I don’t like the reset I guess , and some tell me this trigger, on the 2022 is similar to what I have on my sig 226 mk25, but I love that gun and the trigger doesn’t bother me. But my 2022 the reset seems long, especially after shooting my 320.

posted Hide Post
I have never tryed just pulling the hammer back and firing that way I pull slide back and pull the trigger, till I’m out of bullets., but the 320 is my first gun ever not to have a hammer.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well I suppose you could use something like the Galloway trigger to reduce take-up and perhaps the perceived reset, by reducing over-travel. They claim up to a 25% reduction in both.

Either way, I doubt you'll achieve the equivalent trigger feel as a striker fired P320.

NRA Benefactor

posted Hide Post
I realize it will never be close to what I have on 320, but just want to make it a lil better.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talon282:
I have never tryed just pulling the hammer back and firing that way I pull slide back and pull the trigger, till I’m out of bullets., but the 320 is my first gun ever not to have a hammer.
So, basically you never fire it in DA?

You do understand that if you were carrying the weapon it would be de-cocked(round in the chamber) and the intended use is for the first shot to be in DA mode, it's part of the inherent safety of the DA/SA system.

NRA Benefactor

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize it will never be close to what I have on 320, but just want to make it a lil better.
By all means, buy yourself a trigger, adjust it properly, and see if it's to your liking.

NRA Benefactor

posted Hide Post
Yes I realize that but I never carry with one in chamber, it’s what I prefer when I ccw. But that’s my Preference, I’m sure u have ur way of carrying. That u prefer,

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes I realize that but I never carry with one in chamber, it’s what I prefer when I ccw. But that’s my Preference, I’m sure u have ur way of carrying. That u prefer,

Sweet, Israeli carry...
Well, it's not just me as that's how it is designed, but mkay. Smile

NRA Benefactor

posted Hide Post
I carry that way cuase before I got my permit, being in Florida , by law I could still have the gun in my car, as long I’m 3 steps away from firing it. One of the steps to ge to 3 was pulling slide back. Just never changed that step for the process. And I have 6 year boy and with the drop problem with the 320, I didn’t want to take a chance with him around. I only have owned the 2022 for a month, and my 226 mk25 is my pride and joy and it stays locked up in a display case except when I take it to the range.

posted Hide Post
Gray Guns has/ had an action job for the SP2022. I have thought about sending mine in for it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have a few other P series Sigs that will go there before it.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok sorry ,I don’t like the reset I guess , and some tell me this trigger, on the 2022 is similar to what I have on my sig 226 mk25, but I love that gun and the trigger doesn’t bother me. But my 2022 the reset seems long, especially after shooting my 320.

stoic-one is correct. You are comparing two completely different actions and expecting to get similar results. There are both mechanical reasons and design reasons as to why the trigger actions in striker-fired guns "feel" differently than double action guns. It is a little like comparing the differences between a manual transmission and an automatic transmission.

Taking the time to learn about the different characteristics between the different actions, as well as WHY they have these features will serve you well talon 282. There are pros and cons to both systems.

I've long been a proponent of first choosing a gun based on the features of its action type, over several other crucial characteristics.

Learning HOW to properly shoot a gun with specific DA, DAO, SAO, or striker-fired trigger characteristics is important. Talon 282 I'd strongly encourage you to seek out quality shooting instruction.

As your SIG P320 is a striker-fired gun with a DAO trigger, you might consider trying to find a SIG Pro DAO Hammer Box. They are no longer made and difficult to find, and while it wouldn't be identical to the P320 it would at least convert your SIG Pro into a platform with DAO features.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
I carry that way cuase before I got my permit, being in Florida , by law I could still have the gun in my car, as long I’m 3 steps away from firing it. One of the steps to ge to 3 was pulling slide back. Just never changed that step for the process. And I have 6 year boy and with the drop problem with the 320, I didn’t want to take a chance with him around. I only have owned the 2022 for a month, and my 226 mk25 is my pride and joy and it stays locked up in a display case except when I take it to the range.

You know your abilities and the specifics of your carry environment and you are therefore in the best position to evaluate how to carry your gun. Having said that, stoic-one is again correct, that carrying a semi-automatic with an empty chamber is ill-advised. I haven't yet met a LEO instructor or a civilian shooting instructor in the U.S. that advocates or teaches this method of carry...and for good reason.

Just because you did something a certain way before doesn't mean that you can't adapt to changing situations and information and learn to do it a better way.

Again, I'd strongly suggest that you spend less money on the hardware (guns) and instead spend the money on quality shooting instruction. Once you have reached a certain point in your learning curve on shooting you will be able to better evaluate which trigger actions and their features better meet your needs... as well as the best ways to carry your gun.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stoic and others are right, not realistic to compare striker to DA/SA, Bruce Gray does fabulous work on Sigs; but guess a trigger job would be half the price of the value of the gun, not particularly cost efficient!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really not the same gun, no idea, what is wrong with wanting to make a fucking gun more comfortable. Then it is currently, Was only thing I’m trying to do. And the only question I asked was ways to make it more comfy. I freaking know there different, and I know I can’t make it same. But if I can make my 2022 better for me, and I have the money it shouldn’t be a big deal. I read on here about thre 2022 is similar to my 226 mk25 for triggers, but I love the trigger on my mk25, Feels smooth and I don’t mind the reset. I have a ruger p89, older gun love that one also. Just this one on the 2022 doesn’t feel comfortable to me.

posted Hide Post
And thank you for the gryes gun suggestion, I’m in middle of contacting them now. And if you know of other places I could look into , i would be thankful

posted Hide Post
The SP2022 is known for a very good trigger, especially for the price. However, it does break quite far back and has a mediocre reset travel. If you're dry firing without racking the slide, the reset will be long, because it's resetting to the DA pull.

There are not much aftermarket options for the SP2022. Yes, GrayGuns can certainly work some magic, but I suspect you ultimately won't be happy anyway, as there's only so much that can be done without completely redesigning the trigger mechanisms. My suggestion would be to sell and find something more to your liking.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post