SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got to spend som more tim with Glock 48.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to spend som more tim with Glock 48. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I took it out brand new for a few hundred rounds. Worked well, a lot like the G43. I added talon rubber grips, and some TFX Pro sights. I’m really beginning g to like it. I am getting close to being as good with it as my G19, especially one hand, weak hand. The stock grip texture was too slick but the talons really allow me to lock it in. Very impressed. I’m goi g to start carrying it and keep the 43 as a pocket gun. I still may do an optic cut on it but it’s good for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a G43X but I wasn't happy with it, I decided to sell the 43X and get a 48 and I'm quite happy with my decision. I like the balance of the 48 and I shoot it a tad better than the 43X, I did add some Vickers sights and I like the set up quite a bit.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they ever come out with a single color 48 I'll buy one. I hate two tone guns so I'll wait and hope. Thanks for the review.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
I've had my 43X for 2 weeks and am 1000 rds in, without fail! I put Talons on it and AmeriGlo UC green\orange sights. I bought a Bravo IWB rig that has been perfect for it. Having a G19 Gen2 and comparing in real life, there's significant difference in the 2, especially carrying IWB or AWB. This is the Glock single stack I've been waiting for!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Not crazy about the color either but as long as it’s not a crazy SIG color, I’m ok with it.

If I do an MRDS cut, I will let them make it black.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
The pistol feels great. I’ve always said someone needed to make a P225 size striker pistol, now here it is.

Another thing I really like is the Ameriglo sight option. Those are really great sights!

Pretty happy with the whole package.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Shot my 48 for the first time this weekend, I like it a lot. I also really like the two tone color! Need a good holster now.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Which Talons did you get, Rubber or Granite...

I have the G48, the only issue I've had is having to really adjust my grip due to the thin lower, I've released the mag after chambering the first round a few times.

THinking a little grip tape might help..

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Which Talons did you get, Rubber or Granite...

I have the G48, the only issue I've had is having to really adjust my grip due to the thin lower, I've released the mag after chambering the first round a few times.

THinking a little grip tape might help..

Rubber. I have the granulate on a G19 and it works well but sucks for carry.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post

Posts: 113 | Location: TX | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The silver finish on my G43X is wearing shiny in several spots from the holster, and I haven't worn it or presented it that much. I don't know how long until it wears through, but for the amount of abuse its had, the wear rate appears accelerated. It doesn't look like it will last.

I'm not enamored with the trigger on the G43X or G48. The G43 was like this out of the box, and was improved considerably with a (-) connector when they came out. I'm not looking for glass or no break or even necessarily lightness. I can dry fire any of my other Glocks without the sights moving, but the G43X and G48 take a lot more work. Maybe excess overtravel. Both come with a minus connector already installed, but it's not an enviable trigger all the same.

They go bang and they do it repeatedly, and they're very comfortable to carry, though. I don't like the silver, but when it comes to a firearm, looks are nothing. I'd prefer a black nothing to a silver nothing, and I'm not going to go buy another pistol just to get a different color, so silver it is.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
I’ve always said someone needed to make a P225 size striker pistol, now here it is.

Another thing I really like is the Ameriglo sight option. Those are really great sights!

Ditto

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a Johnny Glocks trigger for mine. The surfaces of the OEM trigger are the worst of any Glock I have owned. The safety tab is painful.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the vickers trigger shoe in both of mine just to get a smooth trigger, with the factory trigger bar.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d like a 48 but after packing 19s for a decade I just can’t imagine anything better for me than the 19 already is.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post