SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New pistol for the top tier collectors ... and operators!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New pistol for the top tier collectors ... and operators! Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
Pretty amazing review of the new FK Brno 7.5 Field Pistol ... the down side it it retails for $7,500 while 50 count box of 95 grain hollow point 7.5 ammo runs $82.99.

It fires the 7.5 proprietary round at over 2000fps and has a 3.5lb trigger.

http://patriotgunnews.com/2018...lands-in-u-s-market/

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
$7,500.00?
Has its obituary been written, yet?

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Ha'

Operator? This has "operator wanna' be" (short, fat, balding dude like me) written all over it.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
$7,500.00?
Has its obituary been written, yet?

Well, you know, military's won't care ... at least not Trumps Military ... it'll be 'Uge!

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about this gun the other day. I had seen some pics several months back, but nothing with pricing.

Guess I am neither an Operator or top tier collector. Smile

I am afraid I will have to pass.

Oh well, I like my P-220's.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know it really is a neat gun. When I first heard of it I had considered picking one up.........then the pricing was released. I mean I have the financial sense of Pac-Man Jones in a strip club and that pricing made me almost swallow my tongue.

I just cannot see a market for this, even as a collectible (ala double 1911 etc.) it is just a fairly nice CZesqe handgun, so not odd enough to scream add me as a coffee table piece.

At $1,200ish maybe.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Watching that round make mince meat out of body armor in the video...yeah, every wannabe 'operator' will be frothing over this. Especially if FK Brno manages to get it into the next Call of Duty.

But that price...well at least for the average wannabe, it's more "practical" than using that same cheddar towards an AI AX338LM, one of those OTHER must-have tools for the up-n-comin' 'operator'.

A lil' secret I'll let y'all in...I always wanted to do a mag dump @ $83/box. Don't think that qualifies me as some 'operator' though. Just someone who wants to believe that he actually has way more money than brains. Razz

Impressive cartridge performance. Ridiculous costs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Certainly a neat pistol and a hot rod of a cartridge.

But with that price of entry, I'll take a custom precision rifle, high end glass, and a nice start in on components for reloading.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not for everybody I suppose. There may be a few Walter Mittys out there. And when they are done with it, they can trade it for a truck.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll wait for the sub compact model. When I'm in operator mode I like to be all stealthy and shadowy.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I followed it until they released a price. My ops arent black enough for that. Or are they too black?

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’d hate to have that confiscated after poking holes in somebody for self defense.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! And it even ships with TWO magazines.

You'd think that they would at least include THREE...like those rare $540 Glock Gen4's. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'd think that they would at least include THREE...like those rare $540 Glock Gen4's. Razz

I think they should ship with 3 magazines and a loader.....a loader named Bob who washes cars, makes pancakes, maybe vacuums, goes on liquor runs.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Butterfly Sights!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion but it looks ugly and at $7,500, I could buy quite a few other pistols/rifles for much less. Definitely a niche gun.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Assuming it is everything the company says, I just don't understand how they expect to sell enough to ever make a profit. I mean, four years in development has to cost, well more than I can imagine. I'm not a businessman, but I just don't see how this is going to be a success. First run of 100. I suspect here won't be too many runs after that. I think they might sell a reasonable number at, say, $2000.00 or so each if they weren't chambered in a proprietary round that costs $80.00+ a box. Perhaps something like 9X25 Dillon or 9X23 Winchester? Certainly not inexpensive cartridges, but at least more familiar, probably more flexible, and definitely more available than the proprietary 7.5 MM round.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've held two of them. Its like a CZ75 on steroids. Cool idea and was mildly interested as my LGS is the importer but no way at that price

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
When I first saw it I thought it was something like my CZ75 TS, only in a new round ... I'm thinking it should come with 3 mags & set of dies.

As mentioned, they've obviously got a ton in R&D ... I'm guessing if it doesn't get a military contract, they'll want to recoup the investment.

How easy would it be to re-chamber to a new cartridge like a "357 CZ Super" (yeah, I just made that name up) ... a 45 super case necked down to something in the 38 caliber range ... Or 9mm if you prefer ... or 10mm necked to 9mm even as long as they are common components that reloaders could find easily, and sell dies with it initially.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Waiting patiently for the $329 Turkish copy.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post