SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cold Bore
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold Bore Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone had any recent contact with them?
I have called and emailed, but haven't heard back, and their voicemailbox is full.
Are they on summer vacation?
TIA,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean the Cold bore gun shop in PA???

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant Cold Bore Custom, the master Glock "stippler" outside of Houston.
He turns out to just be very busy.
Great folks.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC from a couple of years ago, it was a one man shop. Just my recollection. Maybe somebody else can confirm that. If so, that would explain why.

Everything I ever read about them was good.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Don't know the background, but Lane at Coldbore did a 23 for me. Fantastic work. I don't think it's his career job, but I had no qualms about his product.

He may just be very busy or having to serve two masters.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
I meant Cold Bore Custom, the master Glock "stippler" outside of Houston.
He turns out to just be very busy.
Great folks.

He is LEO. So, yeah, this is not his only gig.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that rings a bell. Solo shop, full-time LEO. Just so many hours in a day.

In the 1970's I did business with a guy in New Hartford, NY. Did beautiful custom holster work.Same as above. Took forever, but worth it. When he retired it was much easier doing biz with him. Tauris Holsters.

http://taurisholsters.com/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Has anyone had any recent contact with them?
I have called and emailed, but haven't heard back, and their voicemailbox is full.
Are they on summer vacation?
TIA,
Scott
He is active on other forums, and has posted as recently as yesterday, so, maybe another try of e-mail is called for. But, he's a one-man-shop and full time LEO in TX, so, have some patience.

Posts: 105 | Registered: February 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post