SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any 1911 owners out there use VZ Grips?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 1911 owners out there use VZ Grips? Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I don't care for roughly textured grips. I think I get more "grip" from the front and back strap texturing. Anyway, VZ has a line of 320s grips that are very mildly textured. And I always used grips screws on hand, no O-rings, and a bit of purple loctite. Never had a problem with them backing out.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'm currently halfway through a 40+ thread on 1911forum of VZ Grip pics. The idea was to get some inspiration about which grip I want. About the only thing it's doing is making me want another 1911 with a different finish. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I'm currently halfway through a 40+ thread on 1911forum of VZ Grip pics. The idea was to get some inspiration about which grip I want. About the only thing it's doing is making me want another 1911 with a different finish. Big Grin[/QUOTE

You were warned about the multiplication factor, weren't you? Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I liked the looks of the VZ but not the price. I bought G10 grips from STONER GRIPS which offer almost as many options as does VZ.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have VZs on most of my 1911s. I don't run the o-rings, because I honestly had never heard of the idea before, and it hasn't presented a problem yet.
That said, I don't carry them so... Honestly it seems like some cheap insurance @ pennies each.
I prefer Recons and Gunner patterns myself. Aggressive to the point of being rough on skin and clothes.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After six pairs I started to feel like Imelda Marcos, so backed off. As for grip screws, There is no compressibility to the grip material, so tighten, Loctite, or o rings. As others have stated, the aggressiveness of the grips vary, but smooth 320s would probably be best on skin and clothes in the waistband.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I decided to try az4783054's suggestion of the Stoner CNC grips first. They are shipping today so I should have them on by Tuesday. I'll post pics in a thread.

OLD_COP, I know what you mean. I had about 5 sets of VZ grips that I just couldn't decide between. LOL I think I need to get a solid stainless 1911, another two-tone (stainless frame, dark slide) and a totally dark one just to have all my bases covered. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im using operators 2 in black cherry on my stainless colt commander and etc on my colt mustang..at first did not use o rings amd no problem...but soon was able to buy so installed it its more secure now when you tighten less risk of cracking grips

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post