SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Skull Crush Holsters - has anyone used one? UPDATE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skull Crush Holsters - has anyone used one? UPDATE Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Like the look and the leather inner.

Skull Crush Holsters

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Interesting line of products. Looks like they copied GARRETT INDUSTRIES with leather lined Kydex.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
One word expensive....

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I admit they look like nice work, but I'm having a hard time swallowing both the price tag and especially that stupid name. Roll Eyes I could even get past that if it weren't emblazoned on every square inch of exposed hardware. Garrett Industries offers the same type of holster, at about the same quality level, for less than a C-note. A smooth leather lining on the inside does eliminate a drawback of Kydex holsters, the noise when unholstering the gun.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Are you sure Garrett just didn’t change their name? Identical design for both IWB & OWB to the Garrett’s I have.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Looks like copywrite infringement! They do have a much better site than Garrett’s!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Looks like copywrite infringement! They do have a much better site than Garrett’s!

Are you sure they're copyrighted? Send a link to the site to GARRETT INDUSTRIES.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I hear imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'll continue with Garrett.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Looks well made. Good attention paid to the sweat guard height. I wouldn't mind the price if it lasts years and years. However leather isn't exactly kind to a gun's finish, either. It's like stropping the gun every time I draw and reholster my firearm, which is at least once every day when I have my gun bedside at night.

Plus the IWB config doesn't have a cant. It comes only single clipped and I don't do appendix. And the company name IS more than a little childish. I'll stick with my Stealthgear hybrid.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have "Punisher" slide end plates, "F.U." dust covers, or "I'm a BadAss" mag bases. I think I'll pass on "Skull Crush" emblazoned holsters, too.

Although, I do LOVE my new Garrett Industries leather lined holster!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
I hear imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'll continue with Garrett.

Same here!

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, everything I see on their site is a copy of Garrett. I'd rather give my money to the company that put the time in to develop this type of holster - Garrett. They do fantastic work and are a pleasure to work with.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strong guess here but I would be willing to bet Garretts is making them. Go direct to Garretts and save a solid 30%.
BTW, I have a number of Garretts holsters and they are extremely well made.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I'll stick with my Stealthgear hybrid.

Same.

What a goofy name for a company, especially in this line of work. Don't want to be taken seriously? Name your company something like this.

Oh boy. From his blog page:
quote:
I always go for a good run and gun session with a new pistol before deciding if I like enough to carry it off-duty.

Mall ninja.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
However leather isn't exactly kind to a gun's finish, either. It's like stropping the gun every time I draw and reholster my firearm, which is at least once every day when I have my gun bedside at night.

But with his leather lined holsters, you can draw your gun a thousand times and it isn't going to affect the finish at all! He even says so! Lol. This guy....

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Seems like there is a lot of copycatting going on in the holster industry.

Look at Crossbreed (not even sure if THEY copied someone else) and the slew of Supertuck-esque holsters that came along after them.

Posts: 33799 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with Garrett, they have always done me right.

I just wish they had more offerings for pistols with WMLs. I still have one for my HK45C and PPS but sadly have done to all Kydex for WML pistols.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goshawk https://www.goshawkholsters.com/shop are even more expensive, but at least they don’t have a dumbass name like SC, although the products look nice.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I just wish they had more offerings for pistols with WMLs. I still have one for my HK45C and PPS but sadly have done to all Kydex for WML pistols.

I emailed Garrett to get the scoop. Interestingly, the Skull Crush holsters are actually Garrett holsters. Sheryl Garrett wrote back to me.

"Ralph Rodriguez from Skull Crush actually buys our holsters. Everything you see on his site (minus the belts that are from A Better Belt USA) are our products. Our stamp is still on the inside of the sweat shield although he has us engrave Skull Crush on the Kydex. Ralph started selling our products a little over a year ago; we are now in our 12th year of business."

So, you can either buy the product from Garrett for less, or buy the "fancy" product with the nifty name from Skull Crush for more.

It seems you really are paying for the name Skull Crush. It's a really strange arrangement if you ask me.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Seems like there is a lot of copycatting going on in the holster industry.

Look at Crossbreed (not even sure if THEY copied someone else) and the slew of Supertuck-esque holsters that came along after them.

That is certainly the case. There are plenty of holster like the Milt Sparks Versa Max.

Of course, when it comes to holsters, how innovative can you really be. No matter what you do, you're probably going to appear to copy someone who went before.

But then that's the case with many products we buy. Often the contents come from the same place, just with a different label.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I emailed Garrett to get the scoop. Interestingly, the Skull Crush holsters are actually Garrett holsters. Sheryl Garrett wrote back to me.

"Ralph Rodriguez from Skull Crush actually buys our holsters. Everything you see on his site (minus the belts that are from A Better Belt USA) are our products. Our stamp is still on the inside of the sweat shield although he has us engrave Skull Crush on the Kydex. Ralph started selling our products a little over a year ago; we are now in our 12th year of business."

So, you can either buy the product from Garrett for less, or buy the "fancy" product with the nifty name from Skull Crush for more.

It seems you really are paying for the name Skull Crush. It's a really strange arrangement if you ask me.

Well Garrett started like that. In the beginning Tucker Gunleather sold Garrett as their own before Garrett sold direct - if I recall it was stamped Tucker or not at all.

When they ended that arrangement Garrett started doing direct sales and Tucker came out with some of their own original type kydex holsters.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post