SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Steyr Presents the MF Torture Test
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr Presents the MF Torture Test Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the Jeep driver..never run over a mans gun.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I feel bad for the Jeep driver..never run over a mans gun.. Big Grin

Yeah, he's a real... MFer! Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The pull weight is notably lighter and the wall is therefore less distinct. The reset is unfortunately nearly imperceptible. That’s the part I struggled with as I tend to ride the reset and I really missed that snap reset I get with a Glock. That being said, the Steyr’s reset is very short and I really think over time I’ll get used to it. It’s a good thing, I didn’t take my whole stock of 9MM with me, or I’d have shot it all. I was having that much fun. Another thing about the Steyr trigger. The trigger safety is more of a plunger you press into the face of the trigger. I find it far more comfortable than Glocks scissor type safety because on the Steyr it presses flat into the trigger instead of slightly protruding like a Glock.

This is the issue I have with the Steyr, lack of perceived reset. I too ride the reset. It is very comfortable in the hand and low bore, but the trigger just doesn't do it for me. If there was aftermarket support for trigger upgrades, I would reconsider.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate, and that isn’t too strong a word, for light triggers with no “wall”. I had a CZ Custom PCR that the trigger in SA was crazy light and just kind of pulled into an indistinct break. Hated it. Paid a ton of money for a trigger that I hated for more than a decade. Trashed all the parts and I swapped CGW stuff to fix it. Expensive fix, twice. Ugh.

If that’s the correct description of the trigger maybe I don’t want one after all. I don’t mind a slightly heavier but better breaking trigger. Light is over rated. Some guys at my club chase the light trigger. Granted it’s for competition but I think every comp gun should be able to do double duty. Light isn’t the end all be all for me.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The Steyr models have a distinct trigger break. It’s the reset that isn’t terribly distinct, which steel96 mentioned. You can feel for it but it’s not nearly as perceptible as the PPQ, or Glock for that matter. The best reset I’ve felt is on the Mossberg MC2C when it comes to striker fired pistols but that’s a different story/thread.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
brought home one of these today. I really like it and it's my only current striker fired pistol

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Have the A1,one of the most comfortable grips and once you get used to the sights it does its job..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Steyr is 10 minutes from my house and dead to me. The largest douche I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with in my life is in their upper management.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Steyr is 10 minutes from my house and dead to me. The largest douche I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with in my life is in their upper management.

Is this a new development? They used to have excellent customer service. I'm curious as to what the issue might be.

Or is it one of those Alabama / Auburn things? Eek

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Is this a new development? They used to have excellent customer service. I'm curious as to what the issue might be.

Or is it one of those Alabama / Auburn things? Eek

He’s been in his position for a couple of years.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go and tell him to make some more damn M9/L9 A-1 mags for me

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post