SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Gray Guns P238/P938 Triggers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gray Guns P238/P938 Triggers Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
I ordered the new Gray Guns Anodized Red trigger for my P238. I haven't seen anyone post or comments on these and I was a little surprised.
https://grayguns.com/product/p...38-enhanced-trigger/

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I may be the only person in the world that thinks the stock polymer P238 trigger is perfect in all aspects, except pull weight, which has nothing to do with the trigger itself.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I may be the only person in the world that thinks the stock polymer P238 trigger is perfect in all aspects, except pull weight, which has nothing to do with the trigger itself.

No Pipe Smoker (I post while having flashbacks of enjoying Esoterica Penzance), you're not alone. All I've done with my non-nite sighted Nitron '10 vintage P238 is to add custom grips from Ryan Payne aka Sarge aka TheFinerGrain and acquire SIG factory extended magazines. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm usually drawn to the most expensive model of anything. But in the case of the P238, I think the Nitron, the least expensive model, is the best model, needing only better grips, as you've done.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
well, my thought is Bruce Gray doesn't waste his time developing parts strictly for cosmetic reasons. It has always bothered me that Sig uses a plastic trigger in an all-metal pistol and considered it one of the only weak links in the PX38 Platform. It was well worth $50 to remedy that situation.

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
There are differences in the trigger as compared to OEM.

I can tell you we saw a slew of owners who carried a P938 or P238 at the NRA show in Atlanta. Almost universally, they liked the trigger a lot. (We had a couple of prototypes on hand.)

More development with the trigger when it comes to leverage enhancements are in the works, and they will be based on this trigger as the foundation.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
shame that sig also doesn't make the 938 in all steel. great gun. trigger is always a place for improvement.

Posts: 12 | Registered: December 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:

More development with the trigger when it comes to leverage enhancements are in the works, and they will be based on this trigger as the foundation.

So you're saying the product is continuing to be refined?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:

So you're saying the product is continuing to be refined?

Not the trigger itself. It will remain the same, but I know other elements are being developed.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
To each their own.
I'm satisfied with the factory original black plastic/polymer trigger. It's strictly a carry gun and going to stay as Sig designed it.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruger Redhawk:
It's strictly a carry gun and going to stay as Sig designed it.

You do get the fact that GGI is the R&D shop for SIG, right? And that MANY firearms in current SIG line up are from the R&D done out there to the point I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you don't see these triggers come installed from the factory in 2018.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruger Redhawk:
To each their own.
I'm satisfied with the factory original black plastic/polymer trigger. It's strictly a carry gun and going to stay as Sig designed it.

Yup, no need to improve the Model T. Affordable and reliable. It is good just like it is... Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the new trigger, not just for how it looks though. But how it looks to provide better surface area for my finger than the full curved stock trigger.

Thinking I am going to have to give it a go.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Azone:
I like the look of the new trigger, not just for how it looks though. But how it looks to provide a better surface area for my finger than the full curved stock trigger.

Thinking I am going to have to give it a go.

posted Hide Post
Oops

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
You can delete when that happens (I've made the same mistake). Look at the lower right of your edit/erase function.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
The Model T spawned the greatest array of aftermarket products and service support in the history of the automobile.

We've had more requests for a PX38 family trigger solution than for any other single potential innovation. In response, we're introducing the full fire control kit now, which includes our reengineered hammer, S-Strut, low mass sear, some springs, and of course your choice of trigger in colours, black and natural clear hardcoat anodizing. This full kit reduces net pull weight and yields a smoother feel, while preserving ignition reliability and mechanical safety values. (Patents pending)

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Will those parts be available separately for early trigger adopters like me?