SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    One of Those Blessed Moments P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of Those Blessed Moments P226 Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I'm the guy that hears about others stumbling onto exceptional deals, but today it happened to me.
I was looking out for a good deal on a 1911 and stopped at a pawn shop that I usually pass up as I've never had luck with them in the past.
There in the showcase was an older P226 easily in around 95% condition, in 357SIG.
Field stripped it and she was just as nice on the inside. Birth date is around '98 or so.
I ended up walking away with her for less than a well used Glock would cost.
She's been stripped, cleaned and is range ready.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gambit,

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Nice grab! Those odd caliber (to some) guns can be a real value to the used market.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Glad it worked out for you! Enjoy.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice P226 and cartridge combo. I had one of the ST models. You picked up a great pistol and I hope to have another just like it. Shoot and shoot her good.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's is a nice pickup. I rarely come across these deals myself, but every now and then the sun shines on me. An older good condition 226, in 357 with no rail, at the cost of a used glock - is a real find.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 83 | Location: V.A | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Finally got out to the range. This was a different experience for me.
The only other SIG's I have are a P220 and a P6.
When first shooting these everything came naturally. Not so with the P226 in 357SIG. I really didn't notice any scary recoil, but for the first 30 or 40 rounds I was all over the target.
I started to settle in after a while and it never missed a lick in 90 or so rounds.There was a young Navy guy near me shooting a MK25 and I asked him to try mine since he was a decent shooter with his 9mm. He was also all over the target. He did comment on felt recoil compared to his MK 25 as well as commenting on the stout springs.
The P226 and me are just going to have to spend some quality time together Smile I'm sure it's just me.
Still was a blast to shoot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gambit,

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I think the only problem you'll have is running out of ammo and realizing you have only been at the range for an hour and a half. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

I think the only problem you'll have is running out of ammo and realizing you have only been at the range for an hour and a half. Big Grin

I think you are right, but I did order a 17lb hammer spring Smile

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
$$ How much did it you back? $$

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, now you can go get a threaded .40 barrel with the money you saved and you’ll love it forever. I love mine, I shoot the .40 and carry the .357, they feel about the same to me when shooting

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Finally got out to the range. This was a different experience for me.
The only other SIG's I have are a P220 and a P6.
When first shooting these everything came naturally. Not so with the P226 in 357SIG. I really didn't notice any scary recoil, but for the first 30 or 40 rounds I was all over the target.
I started to settle in after a while and it never missed a lick in 90 or so rounds.There was a young Navy guy near me shooting a MK25 and I asked him to try mine since he was a decent shooter with his 9mm. He was also all over the target. He did comment on felt recoil compared to his MK 25 as well as commenting on the stout springs.
The P226 and me are just going to have to spend some quality time together Smile I'm sure it's just me.
Still was a blast to shoot.

I qualify every year with a P220 and a P226 .40; the difference the two is night and day in almost every category. The 226 is the perfect platform for the .40/.357sig IMO. .40 feels like 9mm to me compared to the 220.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post