SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 RX. Legion or not?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 RX. Legion or not? Login/Join 
Picture of geebo
posted
Looking to purchase a new P226 RX with the Romeo1 sight and was wondering if it was worth spending the extra few hundred bucks on a Legion.
Opinions?

Posts: 32 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: March 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not buy into the Legion hype, until I did.

My 226 SAO Legion is awesome!

As the legion line grows I may sell my older Sigs and replace them with Legions.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
For me this is a solid case of "why the hell wouldn't you?"

You're already spending a pisspot og money as is, why not spring the extra couple of hundred for the maximized platform?

The only reason I don't own a Legion P226 is because I already own two P226s, both customized, that both are shot very little. As muchas I want to add a Legion P226 (or two...and while we're at it, a Legion P220 .45, or two) to the stable, I can't bring myself to lay out finite cash for guns that won't be shot.

Someday...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I say no for the simple fact is that the non-legion 226 RX’s do come up for sale every once in a while for sub $1000 prices. The legions don’t. I don’t see a huge diffference between the Sig 226R SAO RX and the legion version

$959 for the Non legion 226R RX SAO Elite

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/7986815394444.html

Compared to $1500 for the legion 226R RX SAO version

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/p2...-9mm-sao-romeo1.html

That’s a $500+ difference for just a finish and a cheap copy of a great GGI trigger. To me it’s a no brainer...especially since I find the finish on the legion to be weaker then the standard black nitron and anodizing. For $500 you can almost buy a 320 RX Compact for shits and giggles.

If you want a DA/SA gun then that’s a different story. Haven’t seen any Elite RX’s in DA/SA at good deals. If it were me the only RX gun I would buy would be an SAO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geebo
posted Hide Post
Definitely want the DA/SA version.
Just ordered the Legion RX. Should see it by the end of the week.

Posts: 32 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: March 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Legion. Always the Legion.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geebo
posted Hide Post
Done.
Scheduled delivery for tomorrow. Smile

posted Hide Post
If you can look past the cheesy Legion marketing campaign you are getting a very nice gun when you buy a Legion. I have one of the Legion P226 SAO pistols and it never hesitates to put a smile on my face at the range. Getting one with an optic on it would be flat awesome! You did good with your purchase. Enjoy!

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you were interested in a SAO then I would strongly recommend the P226 RX as you are getting almost all the frame enhancements as the Legion for about 2/3 the price. However if you don't want the SAO, then you made the right choice IMHO.

Enjoy the new SIG!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Didn't know the Legion was going for the same price as an Allround. Yikes!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

You have a NIB AA for $1,500? I'll take it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I think the Legion has a lot going for it. I like the smaller beavertail, the undercut trigger guard and the unique grips. The sights are great too. The trigger also feels very good. My DA/SA 226 Legion RX has been a joy to own and shoot.

As an experiment, I purchased a 226 Caliber Conversion Kit in 9mm with the Romeo 1 reflex sight to put on a P226 chambered in .22lr. I also purchased the Grey Guns Perfection Action Kit, Competition version, and their adjustable straight trigger. Additionally, I purchased some very similar-to-Legion Hogue Extreme G10 grips.

The experiment turned out better than expected. The trigger and PAK make for a really good trigger. The conversion slide does not come with the same sights as the legion. They are just white dots. Also, my build has the standard beavertail and does not have the Legion-like undercut to the trigger guard. That said, it is a great shooter.

The Trigger was so good that I ended up swapping the PAK and trigger over to the Legion and put the Legion internals in my build.

I wrote all of that to say that the Legion is a good looking and exclusive package with a very good trigger. I think It would cost about the same to assemble something comparable.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Back when the Legion series was first announced several folks here did the math and they found that you'd spend almost twice as much in the aftermarket to get a standard P series pistol to Legion specs.

Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I don't know about twice the price but below represents what I have in mine -- $1405. Mine does not have the good sights.

$509 for the 226BR-22-BAS (I already had this)
$463 for the Romeo 1 9mm Conversion kit
$300 for the trigger and PAK
$125 for the grips
$8 for the grip screws

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to factor in pricing for the trigger guard undercut, grip checkering, and PVD finish.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

You have a NIB AA for $1,500? I'll take it.

Okay, so I guess I haven't shopped for one lately. I found as used Allround for $888 last year. The LGS came down to that price because it had been in their display case for four months.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post