SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Elite SAO grips and trigger change?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Elite SAO grips and trigger change? Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a P226 Elite SAO. This thing is a sweet shooter. The gun barely fits my small hands. I can shoot and manipulate it fine, but a shorter trigger reach would make it better.

1. Are there other trigger options for the SAO? I like the looks of the Legion SAO trigger but can't find where I could buy one. Does the short reach trigger fit the SAO?

2. Are there any smaller grips for the SAO.

seems like there isn't much for support or accessories for the SAO.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with the trigger question, but you may find that a nice set of G10 grips would thin out the grip profile.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just prefer a straight face trigger so I went on a hunt for the legion SAO trigger for my SAO RX. I could not find one any place. I called gray guns at the advice of the Sig pro shop but they do not carry a straight SAO trigger. I finally called Sig customer service and asked very nicely and they were kind enough to sell me one. The only catch was that they had to install it. If you are curious on the price shoot me an email and I will share it with you privately.

Here is a pic that I had on my phone of it installed with some g10 grips.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
I just prefer a straight face trigger so I went on a hunt for the legion SAO trigger for my SAO RX. I could not find one any place. I called gray guns at the advice of the Sig pro shop but they do not carry a straight SAO trigger. I finally called Sig customer service and asked very nicely and they were kind enough to sell me one. The only catch was that they had to install it. If you are curious on the price shoot me an email and I will share it with you privately.

What type of 226 is your two tone and what trigger shoe is that.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a custom P226 that I put together. It started its life as a standard P226 SSE. The trigger is the straight armory craft trigger.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:

I sent you an email

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just replied to your email. I hope the information helps.