SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dan Wesson Valor 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Wesson Valor 9mm Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone else have a Dan Wesson Valor 9mm? I ask because Dan Wesson is using the wrong photo on their website. Here is what my Valor 9mm looks like with the factor 10 round magazines:

To me the aesthetic of this is just horrible and not what I would expect from Dan Wesson. They have since sent me 9 round flush magazines and I have ordered 10 round magazines from mecgar and tripp. Has anyone else been bothered by this situation? There seems to be a dearth of information on the internet. If anyone has encountered this problem, what solutions have you used? Thanks.

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Lots of info here: https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks normal to me for 9mm. The picture may be a 45?

Posts: 17 | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks bad to me as well. I plan to buy one and then add a mag well to hide the gap.

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wscrst:
Does anyone else have a Dan Wesson Valor 9mm? I ask because Dan Wesson is using the wrong photo on their website. Here is what my Valor 9mm looks like with the factor 10 round magazines:

To me the aesthetic of this is just horrible and not what I would expect from Dan Wesson. They have since sent me 9 round flush magazines and I have ordered 10 round magazines from mecgar and tripp. Has anyone else been bothered by this situation? There seems to be a dearth of information on the internet. If anyone has encountered this problem, what solutions have you used? Thanks.

A lot of manufacturers put pictures up of products and then the actual product will have minor differences, could be many different things. When it comes to 1911's in 9mm the is a lot of different magazines throughout different production batches they can change what magazines are supplied with the handgun I experienced it multiple times. In my case I don't like flush magazines on a 1911 as I often get pinched while reloading, I always add a magwell and base pads to my magazines and I lime the looks and it's functional for me. Overall I think is personal preference, if you like the flush magazines the 9 rdn will be the way to go.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
???

Dunno what anyone else is seeing. I see nothing but the PB 'held hostage' warning about trying to use 3rd party image hosting without first handing over a wad of cash to them.

Must be one of those 'PB membership has its privileges' things? Not having a PB account I wouldn't know first-hand 'bout such nonsense. But I do now know about all the effing popup and targeted ads they shoveled into my browser when I was stupid enough to click on that warning image.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. No image = no further conversation. I'll work on my photo hosting options.

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post