SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    sig vtac sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sig vtac sights Login/Join 
posted
just got a new vtac and am shooting low with the sights. anyone have this issue with the new version. did a search and looks like the early first version had issues with the dove tails but were fixed. it could be me but its about to get some trijicons thrown on it. thanks!

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
It's the sights; never heard anything about the dovetail. The actual POI will be off the lower night sight portion. If you're using the FO for POA, you'll always be low.

It's a far less than ideal sight picture which obscures way too much of the target, but covering the target with the night sight portion gets me impacts where I want.

Eventually I'll replace them with an easier-to-use set of sights, but after like 2000 rounds with the Vtac ones, I've gotten the hang of it.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
You have to use the lower sights at distance to not be very low. I replaced mine. Fine for short distances but crazy to have to change sight picture dependent on distance.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! ive put the trijicon hd xr orange on it. Much better. ringing 24 inch steel at 100 now. I was shooting 4 inches low at 25 before.

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post