SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Good deal for a 220ST?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good deal for a 220ST? Login/Join 
Quiet observer
posted
I was checking out some of the local shops, and found a P220ST. All stainless, night sights, Hogue grips, with 2 mags. No paperwork. They were asking $750. Good deal?
The frame rails looked good, been shot a bit, lots of smilies on the barrel, but seems like the previous owner kept the rails greased.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A little high imo. LGS has one in VG condition, German frame, with the SIG logo Piranha grip for $600.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
First one I've ever seen around here, that's why I asked. Think I'll see if they'll budge on the price.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjvgnslngr:
First one I've ever seen around here, that's why I asked. Think I'll see if they'll budge on the price.

The one in my LGS is listed for $800. I bet your LGS will budge, too. They want to move their inventory.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I agree that the price seems high, especially without the manual, etc. However, it is a retail store; your money, your call.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Lay $600 cash on the counter and then wait silently.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$650 to $750 seems like the average range. $600 would be a good deal. $750 is probably high end but not unexpected from a gun store.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Lay $600 cash on the counter and then wait silently.

Yep, that's exactly what I was going to say to the going rate should be - $600 - $650.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
I'll try sigmonkey's approach. Wink
I don't really need it, but it is purty, and it's a Sig, so... Lol

Semper Fidelis

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Oh, you need the 220ST Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Oh, you need the 220ST Big Grin

+1 on that. Got mine in an even up swap with a LEO for a .40 S&W P226. Yay for me!!!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
If I ever came across a P220ST for $600 I would own it. That seems low to me. While some used SIG classic type guns have low prices it's mostly because of all of the Police Trade-ins that are out there right now.

The more unusual models, like the SAOs and the STs should not be valued quite that low in my opinion.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
If I ever came across a P220ST for $600 I would own it. That seems low to me. While some used SIG classic type guns have low prices it's mostly because of all of the Police Trade-ins that are out there right now.

The more unusual models, like the SAOs and the STs should not be valued quite that low in my opinion.

I paid $650 for mine + 25 for shipping from the SF classifieds 2 years ago. I've seen them drop as low as $600.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P220s with Stainless frames. A SME in 45 and an Elite 10mm.

I have a craving to have a P226 with a stainless frame now too.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High.

I got one on the forum with a short reset trigger, night sights, and 3 mags for $624 shipped, and it is in great shape.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:

Exactly, that'd be like saying a 229stainless elite is just a 229 & they go for $XXX !
A 220ST is not a standard P220. But if someone hits the skids & chooses to dump theirs on the cheap, I'd jump on it too.

I know it would take $750 for me to even think of letting mine go.
And I have no intention of doing that.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post