SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I don't NEED a Kimber 3" 6-shot stainless revolver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't NEED a Kimber 3" 6-shot stainless revolver Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
But, damn!
https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-stainless-3

Specifications

Height (inches): 4.46
Weight (ounces) with empty cylinder: 25.1
Length (inches): 7.62
Width (inches): 1.39
Cylinder capacity: 6
Action: DAO

Frame

Material: Stainless steel
Finish: Brushed
Serrated backstrap

Barrel

Length (inches): 3
Material: Stainless steel
Finish: Brushed

Sights

White dot sights
Radius (inches): 4.1

Grips

Large smooth walnut

Trigger

Non-stacking
Factory setting (approx. pounds) – 9.5-10.5

They've got some nice black DLC versions too

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 2" K6s and love it like a brother. The 3" is just that much better.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Dang, I'm thinking about all of the other firearms I didn't need. Now I'm going to the range and need them some more...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I recently obtained a new KIMBER 2" DC (Deep Cover) .357mag with the DLC finish. My first revolver in 30 years. They're hard to find holsters for (RUGER SP101 works well) but damn it shoots nice. The all stainless construction soaks up the recoil of .357mag loads nicely. I added the wood grips from the 3" to it since the laminated gray/black left my pinky dangling.

I think the 3" would have been a better choice but they're not available with night sights or the DLC finish.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Make it in 9mm and i’ll Be interested

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 2" K6S, .357. It has a rubber grip, brushed stainless finish, tritium sights.

The example I have appears well made, great trigger. For whatever reason, it's a lot more of a handfull than other comparable revolvers that I own or shoot. It may be the grip, or more likely just me, but it's not nearly as fun to shoot as some.

I'd like the 3". To me, that's a good length for a snubby .357.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
You don't need a kimber anything.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't need it, either. Or the 2 inch. But....if you need a holster, the Chiappa website sells a very nice one for the Rhino 2 inch for 42 bucks that works great. Recessed chambers....very nice. Now cue the Kimber haters.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Looks as if they are buying forgings from Ruger and finishing them out.

The side plate looks like Smith's lockwork type.

My honest opinion, a Ruger is a much better value and proven reliable.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I recently obtained a new KIMBER 2" DC (Deep Cover) .357mag with the DLC finish. My first revolver in 30 years. They're hard to find holsters for (RUGER SP101 works well) but damn it shoots nice. The all stainless construction soaks up the recoil of .357mag loads nicely. I added the wood grips from the 3" to it since the laminated gray/black left my pinky dangling.

I think the 3" would have been a better choice but they're not available with night sights or the DLC finish.

If you seek a very stiff leather pancake style holster for your K6s check out
https://mdwhitefieldleather.com/

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really cool, 3 inch 6 shot 357 with decent sights!

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomball Pawn
posted Hide Post
One of the things I like most about the Kimber revolvers is the action two-stage. A partial pull rotates the cylinder, and the hammer drop is like firing single action.

Posts: 21 | Registered: April 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post