SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with Wilson Combat Mag ID
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Wilson Combat Mag ID Login/Join 
posted
My son purchased a used WC 45 with a hand full of magazines and this one doesn't fit the pistol. Anyone have an idea what it's for ? No numbers anywhere just "Wilson Combat" on the base plate.

Any idea ?

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's a Model 47DOX. 8 round magazine for a Compact/Officer length 1911. https://shopwilsoncombat.com/1...d/productinfo/47DOX/

Same body/follower/spring as the venerable 47D, just with the different baseplate with the elongated vertical gap filler piece for the shorter Officer/Compact grip.

If you have a spare baseplate for a standard length 47D-series mag, you should be able to convert it. Or you can buy a 3 pack here:https://shopwilsoncombat.com/B...Plates/products/101/

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue.....I'm not a Wilson owner but my son has several and I got tired of this in the spare mag drawer. You made this an easy fix for a mag he can use, thanks again.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Happy to help. If you just want to use it as a range mag, you should even be able to cut/grind the vertical section off the plastic baseplate to make it usable in a standard length 1911.

I'd take it off a bit at a time using a Dremel with a cutting wheel at low/moderate speed. Have the standard 1911 handy to test fit periodically. Then once you have it cut down to the right height, hit it with some fine grit sandpaper to smooth out the rough cut, and toss it in the range bag.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thought right there and I'll do that tonight. He has 4-5 mags that have the correct base, now that I know, but if I can modify this one will make it worth the effort.

Thanks again Rogue.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This is funny, some time ago I bought one of these. Why I don't know, I haven't carried or even shot my Officers ACP in a decade. But the thing is on my desk and every now and again I pick it up and look at it confused.. "What the heck is this thing?" Then it comes to me. "Oh yeah, why did I buy this?"

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I’ve got a couple of Wilson floor plates laying around here somewhere. If you’d like, I’ll try to figure out where I stuck them and send you one.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate that offer if you find the base plate. Thanks

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'll look in my Box O Discarded Parts when I get home tonight and let you know. I swapped several 47D base plates out with the aluminum low profile ones and I know I didn't throw the originals out. I just have to find where I stuck them.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Found it. Shoot me an address and I'll get it in the mail to you. My email is in my profile.

posted Hide Post
Email sent....thank you copaup ! I hope I can return this favor some day.

posted Hide Post
Hey copaup.....got the mag base in the mail today, it looks brand new. Thank you.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
You're very welcome. I was about to email to make sure it got there ok. Post Office has been a bit...iffy...lately. I never toss parts away. Never know when they might be needed by someone.