SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Montenegrin TARA TM-9 Pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montenegrin TARA TM-9 Pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
The Smith & Wesson M&P isn't a Glock and is DAO striker-fired but the trigger contains an integral interlock, making certain the trigger is pulled from the front face (like so many striker fired pistols). Don't confuse the subject.

I’m not confusing the subject at all. The long trigger pull of the DAO trigger is likely considered the safety mechanism here, just like with so many other DAO handguns without any thumb or trigger safety.

I am having trouble getting my head around what this trigger feels like.

It sounds LEMish to me, except that first shot there is tension and not the initial slack take-up as in LEM.

The shorter reset on subsequent shots is the part that sounds LEMish to me.

Do I have that right?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got hands-on with one at the LGS last week. I can most assuredly tell you that there's no need for a G-style 'dingus' on this beast. It is a true, long, rolling, DA first pull. The closest I could liken it too would be those DAO FN Four-Nines.40's from about a decade back.

http://latestweaponsarmsguns.b...apons-arms-guns.html

Only longer, and heavier, LOL. Just like any DA/SA gun, you then get that short-reset, lighter weight break with each subsequent shot. Providing you don't go past the reset point, of course. Then, it resets to that egregiously long and heavy starting point. (IF a DAK system were reversed, for example, the 'short' reset would be lighter, and the long reset would be heavier.)You can continuously dry-fire it also, to master that crappy first pull. No need to reset the slide.
That said, the thing is extremely well-finished for a poly-pistol. At a $400 price point, I'd be willing to try one out, but not at the $600 this dealer was trying for, LOL.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
I got hands-on with one at the LGS last week. I can most assuredly tell you that there's no need for a G-style 'dingus' on this beast. It is a true, long, rolling, DA first pull. The closest I could liken it too would be those DAO FN Four-Nines.40's from about a decade back.

http://latestweaponsarmsguns.b...apons-arms-guns.html

Only longer, and heavier, LOL. Just like any DA/SA gun, you then get that short-reset, lighter weight break with each subsequent shot. Providing you don't go past the reset point, of course. Then, it resets to that egregiously long and heavy starting point. (IF a DAK system were reversed, for example, the 'short' reset would be lighter, and the long reset would be heavier.)You can continuously dry-fire it also, to master that crappy first pull. No need to reset the slide.
That said, the thing is extremely well-finished for a poly-pistol. At a $400 price point, I'd be willing to try one out, but not at the $600 this dealer was trying for, LOL.

I owned one of those FN Four Nine 40's. I liked the whole pistol, and trigger pull. It had red tritium sights, and restrike on the trigger pull.

I sold it to a friend who liked it, when I needed money to buy a Siberian Huskies's freedom from an abusive owner.

The Siberian was my best friend for 20 years. I don't regret selling the pistol for that reason.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I needed money to buy a Siberian Huskies's freedom from an abusive owner.

The Siberian was my best friend for 20 years.

Your sig-line says "waiting..", but it seems you HAD your Hachiko, Bro! Wow, nice to read that.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post