SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Conversions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Conversions Login/Join 
posted
I have a 226ee/9mm, was interested in the Factory Caliber Conversions Sig sells for the 226. You guys with them, are they reliable? Are ALL parts needed for the conversion, included in the kit? Looking to shoot .40sw/357sig through my 226/9mm, don’t want to harm anything, or compromise reliability. Thanks

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could nearly buy another P226 in .40 for what the conversion kit would cost.

Police trade ins in damn near new condition were around $450.00-$500.00.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have a 40 kit for my 226 and a 9 kit for my 229. Both are all you need and completely reliable. Good luck finding them for sale! I also have 22 conversions and 357 Sig barrels. Four calibers out of each gun.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 40 conversion for my 226, works fine and even fits on an X5 frame which is fun enough. Unless you are loaded up on 40 you may find that it sits in your safe like mine does however.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, there's no eMail in your profile.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the Bargain Cave at the Cabela's in Sun Prairie, WI yesterday and saw a complete SIG P226 .40 conversion kit with two mags on clearance for $177 (including additional discount markdown). I thought about it for 30 seconds and realized I have no desire to ever own a 40. But if you are looking for one, it might be worth a call over there to see if they still have it.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kit will include everything you need and should be extremely reliable. It includes slide, barrel, guide rod, recoil spring and magazine. The slide should have night sights if the part number is CALX-226-40-BSS or CALX-226-357-BSS. You can buy the opposite barrel with those two calibers (convert the .40 S&W to .357 Sig and vice versa).

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with GP229. Buy a second gun. Pistols in .40 are DIRT cheap right now because nobody wants them.

check out gunbroker. pages and pages of pistols in .40 that sit and sit. should be no problem to get one for 400 in decent shape or 500 in pristine condition.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post