SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone ditch their G43 for a P365?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ditch their G43 for a P365? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Check CDNN. I just saw them offered for a good price in this weeks catalog.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
.......... and the 43 has a striker control device without which I wouldn't carry in my preferred position.

Please explain this statement.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Palmetto has been offering them for 499 for a while now.

Not in stock, bummer....

They are readily available lots of places.

P365 For Sale

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for the P365 gen 12.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did. In fact the G43 was my last Glock. I sold my G19 Gen5 a couple of months before selling the G43

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Not I. But I don't carry my G43 either. Or a 9mm for that matter.

If someday I get tired on the compact Glock frame size, I would seriously consider one. I like how the 365 handles and shoots. And despite the G43 being an actual Glock, the size and firepower of the P365 is too hard to dismiss. At least AFTER SIG Sauer can prove that the gun is as trustworthy, durable and reliable as any Glock is.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I own both a Shield and G43. Both are utterly reliable and have never given me issues. I don't need a P365...

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:
quote:
.......... and the 43 has a striker control device without which I wouldn't carry in my preferred position.

I am sorry for confusion. I should've said "the 43 has a striker control device option".

Striker control device, aka the Gadget, is an aftermarket part that replaces slide's back plate. It's functionality is akin to a hammer of a DA/SA / DAK / LEM / DAO gun, in that if you press/entrap it with your thumb, trigger can not be pulled. I am an appendix position carrier and I wouldn't carry a gun that doesn't give an option to control its firing mechanism actively during re-holstering, be that a hammer on a DA/SA gun or thumb safeties on a 1911. In a striker world I strongly prefer the Gadget to manual safety options found on MP, SIG and other striker pistols.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double tap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YVK,

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I ditched my 43 for the 365 considered selling the 43 and 42 but I probably would take a 100 dollar hit on both of them. I have a train load of rounds thru my 365 and no issues it's great pistol. I do wish Glock would make a 12 rounder just because I am a Glock fan.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went the opposite way actually. Had a 365 and just didn't have confidence in it after reading about the issues. I have a G43 and while I don't carry it much outside of the house it's quite nice for its current role.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There are certain thread titles that you read, and without opening it,you know exactly how it’s going to go.

A popularity contest.

Pick one.

Both have pluses. Both have significant minuses. Pretending that one is head and shoulders above the other isn’t fact.

Pick one. Train. You’ll do the best you can with the choices you make.

From an actual shooting/tactics position a winner doesn’t pop out between the two.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Pick one. Train. You’ll do the best you can with the choices you make.

From an actual shooting/tactics position a winner doesn’t pop out between the two.

So it's the shooter, not just the gun?

Blasphemy! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:
quote:

I am sorry for confusion. I should've said "the 43 has a striker control device option".

Striker control device, aka the Gadget, is an aftermarket part that replaces slide's back plate. It's functionality is akin to a hammer of a DA/SA / DAK / LEM / DAO gun, in that if you press/entrap it with your thumb, trigger can not be pulled. I am an appendix position carrier and I wouldn't carry a gun that doesn't give an option to control its firing mechanism actively during re-holstering, be that a hammer on a DA/SA gun or thumb safeties on a 1911. In a striker world I strongly prefer the Gadget to manual safety options found on MP, SIG and other striker pistols.

Both the Walther PPS Classic and PPS M2 have this device from the factory. It has been difficult for me to get used to not having it on the 365. It's not a deal breaker for me, simply because I don't have to reholster with the holster in my belt, but I am used to training that way and vastly prefer it. May go back to the PPSs because of it, but I've sure gotten spoiled with the size of the Sig, never mind 50% more rounds than the larger 8+1 Walther.

Posts: 164 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have the Gadget SCD on my G43, and on my G32 that's regularly carried. I have them on a few other Glocks, including G19's (the G19's have the same setup at the G32).

The Gadget striker control device isn't necessary, but's an additional option that can't fail to cause a malfunction: worse case scenario it will leave ht weapon if the hinge fails, but won't do more than that, and if it does leave the weapon, it won't impact operation.

Not really any downside to its use.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:

Both the Walther PPS Classic and PPS M2 have this device from the factory. It has been difficult for me to get used to not having it on the 365.

There is a considerably larger surface area on the SCD. It requires less effort to engage and keep in place comparing to a protruding end of Walther's striker assembly. In turn, hammers of TDA guns are easier to engage and thumb down than SCD. But yep, PPS does have that thing going for it.

Indeed, the SCD is not a necessity, it is just a preference. As I mentioned, for me it is a part of a bigger preference of having an active control over firing parts of any gun that I choose to place not too far from my femoral artery. I've a video of myself somewhere re-holstering a P30 during a class and violating nearly every rule of a correct AIWB re-holstering in a process but at no point I stopped thumb pressing the hammer. Very powerful reality check that was. So I am a big believer in that a presence of certain options and features and ingrained use thereof come helpful when we might even not notice it, if it wasn't for a buddy taking a video.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I did twice actually. Both times, the P365 went back to Sig. I'm currently loving my Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS as my P365 sits at Sig.

I prefer everything the P365 has over the Glock 43 and Shield, other than mine's reliability.

Capacity obviously was my biggest like. Trigger was much much better in my opinion in stock form. Tackier, better sights and it fits me like a glove. Jokingly, I feel the grip was made for me.

I mentioned reliability as I have had two go back to Sig now. That said, my 2nd Glock 43 had some serious issues too. New recoil spring, new extractor and new mags from Glock fixed them eventually, and it didn't have to go back.

At this point, I am going to take a few off from micro's and stick with a compact that I know will work every time. If I want to go that small again, I will probably get another 442. I know that sucker will go bang.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so much the G43 as I went with the pps m2. But I traded it not too long ago so as to pick up the p365. And my IWB holster works for it.

Posts: 1745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left the 43 behind after 1K through the 365...I’m over 2400 rounds through it now. And I am a Glock fanboi. Just seems to be the right size and right trigger.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I ditched my 43s and returned to the Glock 19 for my EDC gun.

After spending a year with the PPS M2 and then a year with the 43, I realized that little guns are not what I want for EDC.

I did pick up a used Gen 3 Glock 26 that had grip reduction and stippling job that fit my hand perfectly. First 26 that I have really liked. But it sits in my safe as my 19 is what I'm carrying daily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post