SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone ditch their G43 for a P365?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ditch their G43 for a P365? Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
I've had a G43 for 18 or so months and I've enjoyed it. I had an opportunity to shoot a P365 about three weeks ago and I really liked shooting it. Just wondering how many here on the forum made the switch?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I had a P365. Mine shot well and I didn't experience any of the reported issues that some have had. However, I ended up selling it and sticking with my G43. I carry a Glock 19 as an issued weapon, so the G43 just makes more sense to me as far as keeping the grip angle and manual of arms the same.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I do not own a P365, but I do own a P938. I prefer to carry the P938 over my G43 as a backup or when I am wanting to carry a subcompact.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I really like the way the 365 feels in the hand. But I have no intention of making a change away from my 43. It fits my needs and I shoot it well.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I did, indirectly.

Ok, I had a Kahr CM9, ditched it for a Glock 43, then went back to a Kahr (MK9 and a PM9) then went to the P365.

The P365 outshines all of them easily. I like it that much I have two of them (one with 2Krds thru it, the other just a few hundred).

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not own either. I have shot both about 400-500 rounds through each. Range ammo 147 gr American Eagle some fiochi 115 grain. G43 ran flawless. Has all the Glock support add ons etc... available across the market.

P365 had at least three failures to fire light primer hits the rounds fired in my Glock 19.

Keep the Glock 43. If you need 10+1 get the Glock 26.

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My go to carry gun used to be a S&W Model 3953 9mm. I made the switch to Glock after parts and mags started becoming tougher to come by.

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by majbgd:
I do not own either. I have shot both about 400-500 rounds through each. Range ammo 147 gr American Eagle some fiochi 115 grain. G43 ran flawless. Has all the Glock support add ons etc... available across the market.

P365 had at least three failures to fire light primer hits the rounds fired in my Glock 19.

Keep the Glock 43. If you need 10+1 get the Glock 26.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of P365's at the moment, but won't carry them until I'm more confident in them. The G43 has done nothing but be reliable.

I haven't had issues with the P365's either, but until I have several thousand rounds through them, I'll reserve judgement (and won't carry them).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
Had a Glock 43 a Walther PPS M2 and a Ruger LC9s pro, dumped all of them for a Sig P365 and the S&W Shield 2.0 with the integrated green laser.

Either one of these two beat the others for me.

When I get the Crimson Trace Green laser put on the P365, I will have to ponder the fate of the Shield, especially since I also have a PC Shield in .45

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I did. I may sell my Glock 26 as well, but the 15/17/33 round magazine compatibility of the 26 is nice. I’ll never sell my 19 though.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new P365 has been more reliable out of the box than my Glock 43. The 365 is more fun to shoot and more accurate (for me) as well. I don't see myself carrying the 43 very much anymore, unless I have a problem with the P365.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I can still shoot my G43 better than the P365. Maybe at some point that'll change but I don't practice with (or carry) either of them that often nowadays. Both have been reliable at the range but the G43 has a couple of thousand more rounds though it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't intend to. G43 shoots very well for me, subjectively feels better, all 365's I've tried felt like triggers were too light. Above that, I've a ton of support gear for the 43, and the 43 has a striker control device without which I wouldn't carry in my preferred position.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My G43 was almost instantly regulated to yard work duty after I broke in my 365.

The 938 has largely been put into safe queen status.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own a G43 but I fired one at local Pistol range. I didn't care for it, so I'll wait for the P365 to test fire before I buy one.

IMO, when compared to the G43, my P938 was a joy to shoot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I like the P365 but until the price point locally reduces to a reasonable amount I'll wait, right now it's been reduced from overcharged amount to full retail at $599.

So far my G43 works fine, thinking I'll get a pearce +1 grip extension to increase round capacity.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I like the P365 but until the price point locally reduces to a reasonable amount I'll wait, right now it's been reduced from overcharged amount to full retail at $599.

Palmetto has been offering them for 499 for a while now.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Palmetto has been offering them for 499 for a while now.

Not in stock, bummer....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post