SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    first impressons-P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

first impressons-P365 Login/Join 
posted
took my 365 to the range yesterday. fired 135 rounds, 100 blazer brass, 35 124gr. gold dots. At 15 yards most rounds were in a " group slightly left of point of aim. I definitely preferred the 12 rnd. mags. Only complaint was mag release was hard to find. does anyone make a replacement yet? A slightly extended release would make a great improvement.

Posts: 271 | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
addition to above. meant to say 3" group, slightly laet

posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of any aftermarket releases. A 3" group at 15 yards with a pistol that small is pretty impressive. Sounds like a good fit for you.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Thus far, I've got 1500+ rounds down the pipe with not even a hiccup.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3500 rounds to date on a March build, without issue. It is everything I hoped it would be.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
"3 inch groups slightly left"

Trigger Finger placement.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Have you shot any +P loads? Wondering how it feels shooting hotter rounds. My G43 feels like it is ripping my fingers off when I shoot +P loads.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have said most rnds. were in a 3" circle, had some fliers,but group center was about 1 1/2".relly like so far. I have been carrying a 3" Kimber Eclipse which has been flawless with Gold Dots until the other day. my cleaning has been lax recently as we have moved and I blame myself for malfunctions I experienced last range trip. I am leaving on a trip and will take the 365 although I would prefer to run another 100 or so gold dots just to be sure of reliability.will try to do just that before I leave but time may not permit.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
Have you shot any +P loads? Wondering how it feels shooting hotter rounds. My G43 feels like it is ripping my fingers off when I shoot +P loads.

In my 365, ( and G43 ) I've fired a couple hundred rounds of +P from each pistol, no sweat.

The 365 is a little more pleasant to fire +P from than the 43. In fact, my carry load in the 365 is Speer GD 124gr +P Short Barrel.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tested my P365 with Speer Gold Dot +P. The recoil is definitely more than target loads, but less than a Glock 27.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I tested my P365 with Speer Gold Dot +P. The recoil is definitely more than target loads, but less than a Glock 27.

+1 on this. I switched from a 27 to the 365 and very happy thus far.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
back from trip out west. went to range last week. another 200 rnds. down range, no problems what so ever with this 365.I have noticed magazine follower is getting pretty marked up.the 12 rnd. mag is beat up the most-I use it the most.A shooting friend said he heard other people say they saw the same thing on there 365 also. any out there noticed this

posted Hide Post
Yes, the followers apparently get chewed up some. Used 2 mags to go through 600+ rounds and the followers were quite marked up afterwards.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post