SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield EMP 4 Range Report
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield EMP 4 Range Report Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your emp, it seems to be a great option for a 1911 in 9mm since it was designed around the cartridge. A lot of good feedback about it is always a good sign. It's a good looking 1911 in my opinion and if it shoots as good as it looks then you will enoy it.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your 9mm! I acquired this .40 S&W version a few months ago and am very happy with it. Could you confirm whether the frame on your EMP4 is steel or alloy? I've heard that the 9mm versions are alloy and the .40 S&Ws are steel, but haven't been able to confirm this.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Congrats on your 9mm! I acquired this .40 S&W version a few months ago and am very happy with it. Could you confirm whether the frame on your EMP4 is steel or alloy? I've heard that the 9mm versions are alloy and the .40 S&Ws are steel, but haven't been able to confirm this.

Hey Pulicords, sorry I missed your question here. I got busy and lost track of this thread. I wanted to thank you, anyway, because your post in my other thread back when I was looking at the Range Officer models is actually what turned me on to the EMP.

The frame is indeed alloy, so far as I can tell. At least, it doesn't attract a magnet, and the few spots where it has started to develop wear (nothing abnormal...just about what one would expect after about 1000 rounds) it definitely looks like what I'm used to on an anodized alloy frame. I would have preferred a steel frame, but if that's the price I have to pay for 9mm, I can live with it.

Out of curiosity, what is the frame finish like on your 40's steel frame? Mine has a rough, almost parkerized feel to it.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fondled one of these a while back and liked it, but then I handled a Ruger LW Commander in 9mm. Since I had been stupidly considering getting a full size 1911 in 9mm I wanted to be able to use the same magazines. Went with the Ruger, and later an STI Trojan. Keeping the Ruger, dumping the STI. Roundabout way of saying that I probably just should have gone with the EMP.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The EMP's in 9mm are alloy frames. Love mine. Will probably add the bobtail version at some point. Eventually I will replace the sights and get a trigger job. Just about perfect at that point.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The EMP's in 9mm are alloy frames. Love mine. Will probably add the bobtail version at some point. Eventually I will replace the sights and get a trigger job. Just about perfect at that point.

I have to throw out a quick update...after putting about 1000 rounds through it, the trigger had markedly improved. The stacking sensation that I mentioned in the OP is completely gone, and the pull is nice and crisp with a clean break, although still just a tad heavy. I'm beginning to think mine doesn't need a trigger job after all.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post