SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which AR-15 pistol do you reccomend?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which AR-15 pistol do you reccomend? Login/Join 
Picture of joshs74nova
posted
Looking for a new truck gun. Currently I have a S&W Governor which I'm in love with. But would love to have more rounds available. I'm looking for an AR-15 pistol that is under $1000. If you have one, please post up a picture and write your thoughts.

Cheers,
Josh

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own one, but the Springer Saint pistol is going for about 800 bucks.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Build and tweak your own for much less?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
What he said if your into that. There are options from almost everyone.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't rule out the AK-based version unless it's made in the USA by Century. I'm thinking my way into getting a 12.5" Romanian, myself.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I have a SIG PM400 I bought a couple years ago. I love it, but too nice and too expensive for a "truck Gun". I am in the process of building one for the truck as well, I bought a complete pistol lower from PSA for $139.00, and it is very nice.
Been trying to decide on which upper to go with, and I decided on a 7.5" piston upper and started shopping.
So far the only two I like are a SIG (which is too pricey $1100.00).
So now I am looking at an Adams Arms, very nice and the price is under $600. (UA-7.5-P-B-556-BLEM) This one has a three position adjustable gas block.
Not sure if this helps you, but definitely worth looking into as you start the decision making process on what you want to build.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
PSA has one for $529.99 with free shipping to your FFL...includes a pistol brace and Magpul MBUS and an M-lok free float hand guard...

http://palmettostatearmory.com...istol-516447173.html

I built one using pretty much the 10.5" upper w/ BCG that came with a longer hand guard and KAK flash can...it functioned flawlessly...very good quality...actually with having to buy a lower, LPK, and pistol brace to use with the upper from PSA...I have about the same amount dollar wise as the finished rifle...maybe a little less, but not much...

But I do enjoy building them Smile

PSA upper build...the LAW folding stock adapter was a $180 addition from Brownell's...but really makes it easier to transport in a small space...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
but really makes it easier to transport in a small space...

What do you use to transport it in??

I've got a Diamond Back with a LAW adapter and a Cmore on it and I need something to put it in besides a 20 year old black backpack...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
PSA has one for $529.99 with free shipping to your FFL...includes a pistol brace and Magpul MBUS and an M-lok free float hand guard...

Why you son of a... Smile

I just ordered one of those thanks to you. Been wanting to get an AR pistol. Look like a great price so why not?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike...for transport...

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Sli...UTG+30%22+rifle+case

A UTG discreet rifle bag I found on Amazon Prime...it has three pockets for magazines and such...it's made in China (what ain't?) but seems well made overall. The folded pistol (sounds funny calling it that) fits with room to spare and is secured with a muzzle pocket and a wide Velcro strap...it's a 30" bag and could be 4" shorter and still work...I felt the blue color would look less gunny...

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

I just ordered one of those thanks to you. Been wanting to get an AR pistol. Look like a great price so why not?

Alan...when you sign up to receive their "daily deals" emails, you will soon be staying up late at night "filled with desire" for things you had no idea you needed so badly and can't possibly live another day without Big Grin...

PSA is like crack Eek

Jimmy Buffet

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Alan...when you sign up to receive their "daily deals" emails, you will soon be staying up late at night "filled with desire" for things you had no idea you needed so badly and can't possibly live another day without Big Grin...

PSA is like crack Eek

Oh help me, Jesus...

By the way, any idea how long I should expect for the firearm to make it to my ffl? I literally clicked on your link and bought it without too much thought. I'm leaving town for awhile in about 11 days. By awhile I mean for about a month. Hoping it arrives by then. Is PSA relatively fast with firearms? It's my first firearm purchase from them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alan...I've never bought anything from PSA that had to go to an FFL...I've bought two barreled uppers, several BCGs, Vortex red dots, magazines, Magpul lower build kits and a whole bunch of ammo...pretty much everything came to my house via FedEx within a week...the pistol upper was 10 days from my placing the order with them if I remember correctly...so for me shipping has been fairly quick...but Tennessee is almost next door to SC as far as the states are concerned if that makes any difference...

You might contact them to get a time frame for delivery and pass that info to your FFL.

Jimmy Buffet

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I have had PSA ship Firearms in three days and I have had them take ten days. You just never know.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joshs74nova
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll be carrying this in my 4Runner and will store it in the rear when not in use. The case mentioned above looks like a great way to transport it to the back.

PSA does look like my go to option right now.

Do any of you use a pistol AR-15 as a gun vehicle? I'd love to see some mount ideas/options.

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm still debating what AR pistol to build for a car gun but for now my MPX pistol with folding brace fits nicely in the 5.11 bag. It was on sale from Amazon awhile back really cheap. My 10.5" 5.56 SBR fits in the Wilson bag for transport.

Once I get my Dead Air Sandman K, I am going to rebuild or sell off my 8.25" 300blk upper and build a 6.5" 300blk with a 9-10" handguard and use the Sandman-K mostly inside the handguard. Then that suppressed sbr will by my daily rifle that I drive with. (I only carry the SBR for trips to and from work, not when I am out and about. I'm also looking hard at the SIG MCX Rattler in 300blk. That would work great with the -K)

We're slowly switching out our Chargers for Explorers and I kept one of our Charger rifle mounts before they could throw it away. I haven't figured out how to mount it in my car yet. Was thinking under trunk deck.

I had to point out that that setup was not secure since you could pop the pins and steal it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post