SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My latest project.....some frame safety Beretta inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My latest project.....some frame safety Beretta inside Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work!

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!
But, for those of us who don't know anything here, how about telling us the story? What was the original gun? What was done? etc...

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Pretty damn sweet!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Nice work! Looks great.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It looks absolutely beautiful.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Not crazy about the billboard but that case color is awesome!

I wish CCR could do that!

Tell us more!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Fantastic!
But, for those of us who don't know anything here, how about telling us the story? What was the original gun? What was done? etc...

Beretta 92 Centennial. dust cover was straightened to M9 style and trigger job by Wilson Combat. Its a SAO, all steel gun with pre and post travel screws. The frame was case hardened by Ford's and the grips are Turkish walnut from KSD, though I had to do a lot of work to fit them.

I asked for the billboard to be removed but not sure yet why they didn't. I think it was pretty deep, actually

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
My opinion means nothing, but I don't often hand out compliments. That is a handsome pistol. The mottling looks like some exotic granite or agate and the grips make a sophisticated tone-on-tone finish. I think an old P210 or BHP would make an excellent candidate for this, too.

One other thing-if the slide were similarly finished, I think it'd be too garish and I would refinish the grip screws.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dig it.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Sex in Steel.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow- awesome work!

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Looks great!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Totally badass

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I remember when those came out. I thought "that would be the Beretta for me!" Yours makes me really want one.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
[wolf whistle]

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just wow. Would prefer the slide to be a more pedestrian Beretta..... but WOW.

It’s funny. I know this is absolutely a deadly weapon, but this is the reason I like firearms for the industrial art if you will.

Wow. Love the case hardening.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
Usually not my style. And not my favorite platform. But WOW! That thing is gorgeous!

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it on the other forum so I'm glad you posted it here. Turned out great.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post