SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G43X and G48 - Brass to face?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G43X and G48 - Brass to face? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
Opinions experience with the 43X, 48 and other Gen 5 guns. Has Glock solved the BTF problem with the Gen 4 guns?

EDIT to add, I'm not having issues with the 48 or 43X. I have a G48 and haven't had any problems, I'm thinking about getting a 43X. My straight 43 ejections hit me in the head and face even after having it to Glock in Smyrna. Just researching before purchasing a 43X.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: evolution,

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had no problems with my 48 concerning brass to face.
I did have a G23, 3rd Gen that would do it occasionally but I don't have that pistol anymore.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I haven't experienced BTF with my G48.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Same here

quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
I haven't experienced BTF with my G48.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My G48 shucks the cases about 6 or 8 feet right and behind.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Doesn't happen. There is a cut in the breach face that appears to be designed to minimize or eliminate BTF.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Never had BTF when I had a G48. In fact, that gun had the best extraction pattern out of all my Glocks. It threw brass strong and consistant about 10 feet to the right.

I've had BTF with my Gen2 Glock 19, gen 3 G26- with and without MIM extractor, my gen 4 19 seem to be fine, but just about all of them have some sort of erratic ejection pattern and dribbles brass up and over like a sprinkler head.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is the first I have read of it on these particular models.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
This is the first I have read of it on these particular models.

See above edit to original post

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post