SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 B Stainless grip strap checkering?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 B Stainless grip strap checkering? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone had this done? The smooth metal can get slippery when hands get damp/wet. Purely from an aesthetic standpoint I'm not considering "tape." I'm aware of checkering and grooving, any other patterns that would give an even firmer grip? Any thoughts on who does this work?

Thanks ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with Allegheny Gun Works in Pittsburgh, PA. They do great checkering on front and backstraps. I sent my Beretta 92FS to them to have the trigger guard rounded off and since the frame is aluminum, it was re-annodized. Now it looks great. AGW prices are fair.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Check with Allegheny Gun Works in Pittsburgh, PA. They do great checkering on front and backstraps. I sent my Beretta 92FS to them to have the trigger guard rounded off and since the frame is aluminum, it was re-annodized. Now it looks great. AGW prices are fair.

http://alleghenyarms.com/

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information gentlemen.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with grip tape for mine. Inexpensive, replaceable, no permanent changes. Mostly because it's inexpensive.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
ROBAR (owned by Robbie Barkman) does incredible stippling and checkering on steel. I'm sure you have seen their work on many of the covers of gun magazines. I've had several guns done by them. The latest a Browning.

Here is a sample of their stippling work on my Browning Hi Power.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
ROBAR (owned by Robbie Barkman) does incredible stippling and checkering on steel. I'm sure you have seen their work on many of the covers of gun magazines. I've had several guns done by them. The latest a Browning.

Nice looking HiPower ... thanks for the info.