SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Legion SAO-How are you using it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Legion SAO-How are you using it? Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I was so impressed with the 9mm, I just bought the P220 as a mate to my P226 Legion SAO. Curious as to how they are being used by the Sig community. Competition? Daily carry? Duty gun? Any issues? I am contemplating using it as my daily carry but need to run a couple thousand rounds through it before I decide.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Not the 220, but I bought my Legion 226 SAO with the intention of it replacing my MK25 as a carry gun.

It's accurate, the trigger is sweet, and my timed drills are slightly better with the SAO, but after a year & a half it still hasn't become my daily carry. I don't know why, but every time I try to take the MK25 out of the holster & putting the Legion in, I'm like, "Nope!, Nope, nope, nope. Can't do it."

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no advice, but you ask a good question. There is relatively little information (reviews, articles, etc.) on the 220 SAO Legion, especially compared to the 226 counterpart.

A few years ago, I finally pulled the old 226 out of the closet that had been idle for most of the time since I purchased it in 1988. My initial internet research was intended for ideas on maintenance and to learn as to the “latest”. Before long, I got the bug to buy another Sig.

I quickly targeted the 226 SAO Legion but actually instead bought the 220 SAO L last fall. The .45 caliber, along with the SAO system, made it easier to self justify the purchase of a relatively similar pistol to that old, perfectly-fine 226.

I’m new to the .45 and I’ve had a learning curve that has initially offset the expected advantage of the SA trigger. So, I’ve struggled to be content with the combination of the two pistols and eventually bought a basic new 220 Nitron this March. I’ll eventually sell one of the 220s but I change my mind daily as to which one. I’ll likely sell the DA/SA 220 and keep the 220 SAO as an alternative to a 1911. The old 226 will retain its status as the “one”.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
For me, range use only safe queens...

LegionTrio

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Range only for my P220 Legion SAO.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Mine is on order but it'll be just a range gun like my P226 Legion SAO.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, my 226 Legion SAO is a beautiful dust collector. Love the concept, but haven't really found a niche for it.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post