SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 Gen 3 2-Pin Value?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 Gen 3 2-Pin Value? Login/Join 
Picture of adam14
posted
My local gun shop has a nice condition Glock 19 Gen 3 2-pin with rails. I need another GL19 like I need a hole in my head but, the 19 is one of my favorite pistols... second to the 226 and 220. Anyway, what's it worth and what are the pro's and con's. I am a retired LEO and expired Glock armorer so, I know the lingo. Carried 228 and 226's over my career stint. As always, Thank you very much for your input! Email in profile if needed.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: January 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What more can be said about the Glock 19 -- basically the world's most versatile pistol?

Volumes of info about it on the internet / youtube.

Several versions to choose from based on your preferences.

used in excellent condition -- they go for around $400 in my area. They don't really appreciate or depreciate tremendously based on their widespread availability.

You really can't go wrong - but there's nothing 'special' about them IMO. (not bashing - my HD handgun is a mid-90s Gen2 G19).

Good luck!

---------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig209,

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Do you want it because it’s a 2 pin or do you just want a 19?

You still qualify for blue label and a new gen4 or 5 is $400ish.

Value is in the eye of the buyer. I personally just buy new if I wanted a Glock unless a great deal comes along

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, since you qualify for Blue Label pricing, a new Glock from a LE dealer is often the same or even cheaper than a used one at a gun store.

If you're wanting this early Gen 3 as an "investment" or "collectible", I wouldn't bother. They don't really command any premium at all. It might be worth a slight bit more one day to an obsessive collector who feel compelled to fill a certain niche in his Glock collection, but even that's unlikely.

If you want a two pin G19, you could just get a new Gen 5 G19. They've got two pins. Wink

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
$400 seems to be normal. I would love to find and early gen3 with no MIM, actual Tenifer, frying pan slide.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
A gen 2 G19 for $299 is a steal. That is a $400 pistol all day long. They are highly sought out by many.

The gen 5 G19 grip sucks. SUCKS. The cutout at the bottom completely ruins the grip.

For an LEO gun, I would pick a new Gen 4 G19 myself. Or gen 5 G17.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
A gen 2 G19 for $299 is a steal. That is a $400 pistol all day long. They are highly sought out by many.

The gen 5 G19 grip sucks. SUCKS. The cutout at the bottom completely ruins the grip.

... You do realize that the Gen 2s and Gen 5s have the same grip cutout, right?

Why is one a "steal" and "highly sought out", but the other "SUCKS", when they're identical in that regard?

(Besides, he's looking at a Gen 3 at unknown price, not a Gen 2 at $299.)

And there's also an easy fix if the Gen 1/2/5 cutout bothers you... Pearce offers the PGFML adapter, which is a replacement baseplate that fills in the cutout. The cutout bothers the pinky of my shooting hand, but I put those on all my G19 mags, and now have no complaints about either my Gen 2 or my Gen 5.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^ Well he doesn’t think it just “SUCKS” he thinks it’s a “pile of junk”.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Dealer cost of Gen3 or Gen 4 Glock 19 is $400ish. A used Glock 19 was probably bought by the shop for sub $300. They would love for you to pay $400 for this gun as they will just use it to buy a new Gen 4. Offer $325 and see if they are interested. Personally I would not go above $350 even if I were dying to have it. YMMV

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post