SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    About to replace my 220 Carry With........
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

About to replace my 220 Carry With........ Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I traded my 220 Carry on something or other about 5 or 6 years ago. Sorry I did. Just sayin'.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest something like a LC9S or similar sized single stack plastic-framed 9mm for easy daily carry. The options you have listed are double stacks and just as bulky in the waistband as the P220 compact. The LC9S and others of the same ilk are truly thinner, lighter, and less bulky while holding the same number of rounds as the P220 Compact in a truly smaller package. No it wont be as nice to shoot at at the range, but for easy daily carry without the bulk, they are great. Plus they aren't expensive.

Keep the Sig for a bedside gun so you won't regret selling it!

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...for now I just ordered a LC9s from Sportsman outdoors for $289. I figured I'll sell the .38 and that takes care of half of the battle. I will have a new pocket gun.
As far as a holster gun.....
I could keep the sig, but I would really like to have all the same caliber, and a cheaper one to shoot LOL

See? You guys helped me again already!

Posts: 28 | Location: Yulee, Fl | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Nice job. Half the fun is running through handguns until you find what you like. I'm on number 57 and still looking. Wink

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Nice job. Half the fun is running through handguns until you find what you like. I'm on number 57 and still looking. Wink

57! Wow

Went shooting today...forgot how much I loved the P220...such a pleasure....found myself buying more self defense ammo afterwords....think my brain is planning on keeping it a while.....now I also tried to shoot up the rest of my .38 ammo through the 85UL....that gun is NOT fun to shoot...I have a blister on my trigger finger and a sore wrist after only 75 rounds....it is going soon.

Posts: 28 | Location: Yulee, Fl | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming from your description you have the same one I do. I would really encourage you not to sell it, it will be very hard to replace later on if you regret it. If you want something to carry, try a shield, they are quite inexpensive and are great carry guns. The Walther PPS M2 has a $100 rebate on it right now.

If you do trade it, definitely don't trade it straight up for a P320 subcompact. Gun stores will always hose you. I spent a long time looking for mine, and all the ones I see now are more than they went for new ($650). There's one on an auction, first one I've seen in a while, and it's starting at $750.

As far as the Taurus, yea I'd move that as soon as I found someone to take it. Razz

I recently put some Hogue G10 grips on it (not pictured), and it's amazing. My favorite pistol right now.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Thats it.

Where did you find the grips? The one thing I don't like about this model is the scarcity of
aftermarket stuff....the SAO seems to be the factor.