SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Tacops built without an SRT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Tacops built without an SRT Login/Join 
Picture of mossyoak1
posted
Well this is a first for me that's for sure. My father purchased a brand-new p226 tacops with all the bells and whistles. He held it and instantly fell in love with it so he ordered one since the gun shop he went to didn't have one in stock. So it comes in and he didn't bother to look at it or hold it, he just did the paperwork and paid for it. He comes to my house and I immediately want to get my hands on it. So I start to play with it and wanted to try out the SRT, and I as start to explain what this function of the gun does, I notice the trigger is taking the "standard" time to reset. So I stop talking about it feeling like I just put my foot in my mouth, and I go grab my west German P226 and do the same thing. The trigger was identical, so this got me thinking, "WTH, did they forget to put the SRT in?" Sure feels like it. SO, now the question is, should he take it back to the dealer or just call Sig and ask them what happened in the QC department that day? This gun was born in Jan-2019.

The other problem that he didn't like was the sights on it with respect to my supressor that I put on it. I have a Sig SRD9 supressor that obviously won't allow you to use the standard sights. (I have the supressor sights on my W. German P226) so of course, the question that was posed to come next was:

Dad: "why in the hell did they make a tacops pistol with a threaded barrel that you have to put higher sights on right out of the box?"
Me: "ahh good question, but look at it this way, its my supressor and if you want one, you can wait 10 months and we can have this discussion again"
Dad: "This is my first Sig and I already need to put money into it and they forgot to put in this trigger feature you kept talking about"
Me: "ahh, yea that sounds about right and I agree this is horse BS"

So, does anybody have any suggestions on what would be the correct avenue to take on this one?
I think going through Sig and having them correct this would be the route to take because I'm sure the dealer will give him some, "this is not our problem, call Sig"

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG will probably send an SRT kit on request as the TacOps is supposed to have it. For suppressor sights, they are available for a price.

Bill

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sig may want the pistol back to examine and install the SRT components.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing to worry about. Call Sig and they'll make it right. They'll look at what parts it should have been manufactured with and either send you one or send you a shipping label on their dime to have it sent back to the mother ship. Depends on the rep you speak with. When I had a similar problem with a different model I asked to have them just send me one but I had to send it back.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine any action plan other than send it to sig. They say it should have SRT and if it doesn't shame on them. and I'm sure they will fix it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don't take this the wrong way but if this is your first time messing with a gun with a SRT, are you sure you are checking for the SRT the right way?

You should pull the trigger and keep it held down and then rack the slide while the trigger is still held down. Once the slide is all of the way forward then release the trigger. If you pull the trigger any other way it will not have the short reset.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
Please don't take this the wrong way but if this is your first time messing with a gun with a SRT, are you sure you are checking for the SRT the right way?

You should pull the trigger and keep it held down and then rack the slide while the trigger is still held down. Once the slide is all of the way forward then release the trigger. If you pull the trigger any other way it will not have the short reset.

No worries, I did check it the way you described (I also watched the sig videos as well).

I ended up calling them and they were really apologetic and didn't know how this could have happened. They are sending a paid shipping label and are going to take care of it, from what the guy said, he should receive it back this week. So we shall see if it does or not but I couldn't be happier with the service as well as my dad.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and I will let you know if he gets it back this week or not.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glad you got this sorted out...

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post