Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Parrot Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've never had the pleasure of shooting a CZ Parrot or Czechmate, but I did just get a Tactical Sport Orange.
The trigger on it is absolute perfection at 1 lb 8 oz (with my Lyman digital gauge), so I would expect the Parrot to be as good or maybe even better.
It does require some getting used to and you definitely don't want to ride the trigger for fear of shooting when not ready. But for target shooting it is wonderful. You have about 1/16" take up, zero creep or grit, and then a wall and boom, it fires. Reset is 1/8" or less and you're ready to go again. It sure spoils you for anything else.
Congratulation on the Parrot and please let us know how it does after it's first range visit.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, what's the rationale of the charging handle on the right side, instead of the left on the Parrot? Doesn't make sense to me. At least, the X5 Open's slide racker is ambi.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Dayyum that’s nice Andy!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Btw, what's the rationale of the charging handle on the right side, instead of the left on the Parrot? Doesn't make sense to me. At least, the X5 Open's slide racker is ambi.

It's dat fancy stylin' overhand-with-da-palm-slap-rack-while-flippin'-da-gun-from-one-side-to-da-other technique. All rage at the advanced tacticool training schools these days, or didn't ye know? Big Grin

Some of the pics online seem to show that the charging handle may be reversible, at least once the optic is out of the way.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

It's dat fancy stylin' overhand-with-da-palm-slap-rack-while-flippin'-da-gun-from-one-side-to-da-other technique. All rage at the advanced tacticool training schools these days, or didn't ye know? Big Grin

Well, that explains it. I'm just a low-speed-high-drag-feet-cemented-to-the-ground target shooter.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:

some times it is personal preference, some time it is interference with the shooters grip or holster. Seems that most open shooters run the racker to the dominant side, so the issues must be fairly common. All I've encountered are reversible... back out the set screw, flip it around, retighten.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun, congrats!! I have several cz's including the tacsports and that trigger is amazing. The parrot is on my (well, my wife's) list of must get guns for uspsa. Love it!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post