New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Parrot Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Really went and did it this time. Got my CZ grail gun. It squawks a lot but I love her anyway. No way the trigger is any heavier than 2 pounds. Never owned a handgun like this, a little intimidating!
The Shadow 2 was feeling left out and wanted in the picture.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Bad ass is all I can say. That darn thing costs something like $3k, give or take a couple of bucks? Eek

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Bad ass is all I can say. That darn thing costs something like $3k, give or take a couple of bucks? Eek

Hey now it came with free shipping Razz

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Definitely got some vivid colors going on there. CZ had some fun putting this one together. Fairly rare, and some serious scratch, too. I like. I jealous. Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Very nice family portrait!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Y'know, if someone had just described the colors to me then I'd probably be left scratching my head, but that looks really good!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Is the round purple thingy between the scope and top rear of the slide there to make slide manipulation easier/faster?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Is the round purple thingy between the scope and top rear of the slide there to make slide manipulation easier/faster?

They don't call it the slide racker for nothing. That darn thing is huge, though. And, I thought the one on the X5 Open was big.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Slide racker?

I thought it was where you placed you beer during one of those, “hold my beer and watch this moments!” Big Grin

Beautiful pair,enjoy.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not boring at all.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Now that they took away the cast diamonds off of the Czechmate and are using the Tactical Sports Orange frame they really have me thinking of buying one. I'm getting 1.5-2.0lb triggers on my TS's and this is the same set up, except the lighter Czechmate hammer, so I'd imagine a pull in that range.

The Tanfoglio Gold Team in 38 Super also has my eye but would require more work.

How many rounds can you get in your long magazine?

Also, there is a CZ Open page on Facebook if you want to get into more tuning, modifications, and general fan boy material.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I want the Parrot, X-Five and a Gold Eric. Just because they're all over the top.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I just listed my P320 X5 and my wife's P365 in the classifieds if they sale I will add one of those Parrot's so my Shadow isn't lonely.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
CZ exhibits a lot of style these days. I could do without the C-More and the big honkin' cocker, but it would look great with iron sights.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Husker, I'll check and get back to you

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
CZ exhibits a lot of style these days. I could do without the C-More and the big honkin' cocker, but it would look great with iron sights.

You sir would probably be a Tac Sport man. CZ has you covered Wink

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
Now that they took away the cast diamonds off of the Czechmate and are using the Tactical Sports Orange frame they really have me thinking of buying one. I'm getting 1.5-2.0lb triggers on my TS's.

Man, 1.5-lb trigger pull? Just nut. You just sneeze, and it would go off. Eek

Q

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That is (another) one to be proud of!

Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I am very interested in a range report on that Parrot.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Not sure if it still does, but that gun used to come with two top ends. One for iron, one with a dot. At least the Czechmate did. I think the Parrot is just a variant of that gun.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
Now that they took away the cast diamonds off of the Czechmate and are using the Tactical Sports Orange frame they really have me thinking of buying one. I'm getting 1.5-2.0lb triggers on my TS's.

Man, 1.5-lb trigger pull? Just nut. You just sneeze, and it would go off. Eek

There is not much to their trigger at all. You definitely do not want to try and prep it to the wall.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post