SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Weapon Lights
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weapon Lights Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone sell a wml cover for range work? Be nice not to have to tape it and or scrap carbon off.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just take it off if you're that concerned.

I don't shoot high volumes these days, but I don't have any trouble wiping my TLR-1 lights clean with just a rag and some CLP after a few hundred rounds.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just wipe is with a cloth and clean.

Not like its a AR BCG after 1000 rds.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The TLR-1 HL is the clear winner in the budget category. I wouldn't buy anything cheaper personally.

My rifle has the new 1500 lumen Surefire scout on it. My pistol has the 600 lumen X400 light/laser.

Surefire just released the 1000 lumen version of the X300. Many retailers are clearancing out the older 600 lumen version of the X300 at good prices.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I don't shoot high volumes these days, but I don't have any trouble wiping my TLR-1 lights clean with just a rag and some CLP after a few hundred rounds.

Poor training.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I agree that you should shoot your pistol with the weapon light attached, even in daylight. Better training, better muscle memory, and testing your equipment to make sure it doesn't jam. (Glock 22's used to jam with a weapon light mounted)

During daylight shooting, I put a little blue painters tape ever the lens of the light to make cleaning a little easier.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a bit late to the party. But I'm tough on lights. Not so much for the fact they are lights, but I always run my light setup even in the daytime at matches. So that means they get holstered/reholstered, banged against barricades, rested on stuff, etc. etc. I have broken two streamlights, but never a surefire. For fun and games and matches you can't beat the price. And streamlight fixed everything. But my go to stuff has surefire.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scotch tape over the front works fine.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick digression: I like Streamlight as a company. Nothing against Surefire at all, but back in the day (2003?), I tore up 2 Streamlight M-3s on a nighttime overland SWAT practical exercise scenario. It was a bad experience due to terrain, freezing weather, psychotic instructor, etc. I busted both my M-3s. They were missing parts. Lenses were gone.

Back before it was the norm to contact CS like we do today, I called Streamlight on a whim and explained what had happened. They paid for shipping both ways and completely rebuilt the two M-3 lights and it didn't cost me a dime. Great experience, and they have my loyalty; plus, their products are excellent.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Poor training.
Well then stop being a Sally and just clean your WML after training.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
To me, the high lumen lights are too much for household use. Great if you're a cop, where you're more likely to use it outdoors. Inside, too much light can be blinding for you, not just the other guy. But to each their own.

Yeah... I don't agree. I've used mine plenty indoors in "try it out" scenarios. What you're asserting doesn't bear out, not in my experience. Do you have an 800 lumen weapon light that you've tried this with and have actual experience you can relate? Because if not....

My walls are painted white, just like almost anybody else. If your eyes are at all healthy, you will want the advantage the higher lumens give, and if they aren't, doubly so. Low lumens indoors as a mantra is starting to reach paraplegic wheelchair commando status. I wear -3.25 prescription contacts and with, or without corrective lenses, I'm fine after a split second of adjustment when the WML illuminates the whole room. We really might stand to benefit as a community from not perpetuating this nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by BDMF:
Streamlight TLR1 it is. THANK YOU for all of the input!

Happy to help, hope it serves you well, sir. Smile

Yeah, I started with an Olight M21 that has the high setting of 750 lumens (I think). I only had one pistol at the time with rails, and it was on car duty, so I went with a separate flashlight. Was too bright for me, so I had to fiddle with figuring out how to make it remember what intensity I wanted as default. Then my buddy (who is nuts about lights) had an old TLR-1 sitting around and gave it to me. By this point, the SP2022 wasn't on car duty anymore, so it got the TLR-1 and is nightstand duty. Now the Olight is on shooing away that damned raccoon from my garbage detail.

So yeah, I have used a higher lumen light and didn't like it. And I know that 750 lumen is about the same as a 60 watt incandescent light bulb. But that's why I said "to each their own." Not gonna hate if you like the HL. I ain't ever gonna see you using it!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post