SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Little P320 X5 match video from last weekend at bottom of thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little P320 X5 match video from last weekend at bottom of thread Login/Join 
posted
I haven't recorded any match videos in awhile so I thought I'd record today's points match and post it. I've been shooting carry optics all season but today's match was the first match running the X5 with the 6MOA Vortex Venom optic with the Springer Precision adapter plate and Springer full guide rod and 14lb spring. I have to say that I was a little concerned with how small the Venom glass is compared to the Romeo 1 but running the gun with the full length guide rod and right spring for the load I run made a big difference keeping the dot in the glass all the time for pretty quick follow up shots.

Our Section Points Series is the best 4 of 7 matches with the section Championship in August worth double the points. This was my 5th win in a row and I was 12th overall. I also believe that this was my first penalty free match of the year and if my calculations were correct I shot 95.07% of the available points.

The goal has always been a clean sweep of the Points matches along with a Section Championship win. It's going to be a tough task to complete but I'm going to give it my best shot.

OK, no more talk that nobody wants to hear, here's the video.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgJMudOUJD0

Edited to add last weekends match at the bottom of the thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WildSig,

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! These X5's, if they ever make it to dealers up this way, is high on my list for a new IPSC pistol.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Great shooting!!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Well done, WildSig. Thank you for sharing.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That is some great shooting! I am jonesing for a 320 x-5 real bad.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Wow...smokin'

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Awesome!
Ripping it up man! nicely done.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job, subbed your channel. Keep making videos!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Great shooting and what a cool coarse of fire. You go through the steel targets so fast, I kind of miss the 2nd target being hit yet all 3 go down.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd just add last weekends points match video to the bottom of this thread.

Made a slight addition to the X5 before this match. I was able to get my hands on a tungsten guide rod and installed that and dropped the spring weight down to 13lbs prior to the match. The tungsten guide rod added almost 2 oz to the gun and did help the gun shoot flatter. I am really liking the 6MOA Venom optic as well.

Last weekends match had a good variety of small, medium and long courses and showed me that I need to work on shooting on the move more and that my weak hand skills are lacking. I've dry fired a bit weak hand but keeping that dot in the window while shooting actual ammo was an adventure. I certainly liked that dot though on stage 4. The steel at the beginning was 35 to 40 yards away and I saw quite a few guys empty magazines trying to hit them.

Stage 5 was nearly a disaster as all of the magazines used on the stage had to be on the barrel at the start of the stage. Everything would have been fine but for some reason I decided to take my eyes off it as I ran back by the barrel and ended up dropping it. Normally I wouldn't pick up a dropped mag but in this case it was quicker to pick that one up then go back for the other on the barrel.

This was win number 6 with number 7 hopefully coming on Saturday.

Enjoy

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z6vO9wOkhk

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post