SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Only one gun that you like from one brand, but no other guns from the same brand
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only one gun that you like from one brand, but no other guns from the same brand Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
The "CZ PCR opinions" thread got me thinking. The PCR is the only CZ that I like from the brand. I don't care for other models, really, especially the full size ones. Not only is the PCR perfectly balanced, pointed and handled right out of the box, it is to my eyes the best looking semi-auto out there. I've owned a few PCRs, but currently none only because of thinning the herd. But if I ever get the itch for a CZ again, it will no doubt be another PCR.

What's your "Only one gun that you like from one brand, but no other guns from the same brand"?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Steyr M9-A1... all of the remaining Steyrs look & feel less well balanced, too short in the grip or (in the case of older models) have worse ergonomics, triggers, sights, etc. The M9-A1 is by and far the Goldilocks of the bunch.
Q - given your affinity for the P228 and if you haven’t tried the M9-A1 yet, you might get hooked shooting one!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Springfield EMP Champion.

I have little baby hands and it feels oh, so much better than a “regular” 1911. I imagine their 1911’s would be ok, but I already have a Sig TacOps 1911 so not interested in theirs.

None of the XD models do a thing for me. Gave ‘me a try but sold them off.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The Ruger Standard (in any of it's iterations) is the only firearm from that company that I could ever get really excited about. More than 15 years later, I still regret selling my MkII.

I was briefly excited about the new Ruger PC Carbine, until I found out the only thing that wasn't made to be ambidextrous is the safety. That's the one thing that absolutely is critical to have set up for the correct side when handling the rifle, and they botched that. I shoot long guns lefty, so that's a no go for me.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Limiting to just pistols, the only one that I can come up with is the FN FNS. The rest of the company's current pistol lineup doesn't do much for me. That all said, saying that I 'dislike' the rest is overly harsh and not indicative of my true assessment of the flaws and faults of sibling designs like the 5.7 and 509. The FNX however I could not care any less for.

EDIT: Ruger comes close. I actually like the American Compact, but almost every other semi-auto in their lineup doesn't light a fire under me, though I still wouldn't mind owning a Mark IV regardless. And I can actually shoot my LC9S pretty well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Colt 1911, but only because it was the 100th anniversary model. Otherwise wouldn't bother with a Colt. At least a modern one.

Maybe the P7 from HK. Although I do have a VP9, I keep thinking of selling it. And I've never sold a pistol.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
FN PS90 or a real P90

Don’t like FN, don’t like the 5.7 round. LOVE the PS90 and especially the P90 in full auto. Have shot both/love them

Don’t own a PS90 but have always wanted one. That would be my one FN product. I have never shot an F2000/FS2000 but those intrigue me as well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
The K6 is the only Kimber I would even consider buying.

Posts: 609 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Same here. Kimber K6 is the only Kimber I would purchase. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say my Kahr K9 stainless elite fits the bill.
I do not care for polymer or striker fired pistols, yet I got this kahr because it was stainless and it has the double action feel to it.
My edc rotation is now 3 sigs, 3 berettas,and now a single Kahr

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory EMP4. XD’s do nothing for me and neither do the ultra small EMP’s.

EMP4 is a great 9mm 1911.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Kimber Series 1 1911.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS Classic 9MM.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Walther P5 Compact. I don’t have one, but think it’s the baddest looking pistol ever.

https://goo.gl/images/kRzV6W

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
K6 is a great answer as well. Absolutely the only thing from Kimber I would want.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ruger Security/Service/Speed Six series of revolvers.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi power from FN.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
CZ75B I dont care for their plastic guns or railed guns.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
kel-tec sub2k

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I like all the Beretta 92 type guns (including M9, etc.), but none of Beretta's other guns (Nano, Pico, APX ...)

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post