SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt New Agent Lightweight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt New Agent Lightweight Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted
I've been wanting a smaller .45 for CCW, been looking for a couple of years, have been looking at Dan Wesson, Sig, and the Colt. Found one at the lgs, I snapped and bought it. This is why you shouldn't carry a checkbook when looking. Anyhow the booklet inside says its a Series 80 but the guy at the store says its a Series 90. Not that I care, because I already bought it, what is the difference between the 80 & 90 Series? I've googled my ass off but can't find the answer. I see both series 80 and 90 for sale on the web.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
… what is the difference between the 80 & 90 Series?

10. Razz

Series 80 is, as you probably know, the trigger-actuated firing pin block, but IMO the "90" is just marketing.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure (as opposed to "positive") that series 90 refers to bushing-less barrel to slide construction

Posts: 85 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's from an internet search, and an old discussion for sure. It might provide some insight...

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=328320

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
Depending on the year of maufacture, some NA’s had ‘series 90’ engraved on the slide; the markings changed slightly and series 90 was left off and ‘lightweight’ was on the right side. No mechanical changes whatsoever. The last run of them had the new colt font with two ponies on the left side.
Be sure to search the serial number for the recall on the recoil plug and slide release.

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Thanks a million, mine is 8000 after the recall, it was was produced in 2013. He told me it was 6 years old. He gave me a great deal, said he wanted it gone. Still new in the box.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one a while ago, SN in the 5000 range. Fun little pistol, but could never get used to that trench sight. Concept was interesting, but just not for me.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I have one and love the thing. I did have a small brass shotgun bead added to the nose of the trench. Not to use as a 'sight' but just as an eye catcher to speed things up. A real enhancement IMHO.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Took it to the range today. Shot a box of 5 different .45’s even some cheap frangible. Not a single FTF. I like it.