SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is all involved in replacing the rear sight on a sig p250?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is all involved in replacing the rear sight on a sig p250? Login/Join 
posted
What is all involved in replacing the rear sight on a sig p250? I got a sig night rear sight only at a great price.
Any advice?

Posts: 47 | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The P250 uses a rear sight that's unique to that model, and it isn't the same as the rear sights used on other SIG pistols. Is that what you have?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Fracking stupid decision by Sig. On a modular pistol no less.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YouTube is your friend. Swapping out the rear sight is pretty straight forward, providing you take care not to lose a couple of small parts that are installed in the body of the sight.
You will need to detail strip the slide to make the swap.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any advice?

Unless the sight is P250 specific, it will not work.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.
Yes, I was able to get a (sig p250 rear only) night sight & wanted to know if it was possible for me to swap out the high visibility white rear sight, or if I needed to take to gunsmith or back to sig.

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It's an easy swap.
I did a step by step photo post on the P250sig Forum.
Someone else added a video.
Check out the How-To section.

http://www.p250sig.com/forum/d....aspx?g=posts&t=2383

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Sooooo.... is there a CHOICE of sits hat I do t k ow about? Perhaps a set of Trijicons?

Silliest decision by Sig ever.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a sig brand p250 rear night sight

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uncleknife1:
What is all involved in replacing the rear sight on a sig p250? I got a sig night rear sight only at a great price.
Any advice?

Get it here?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/cat...sc&q=p250+rear+sight

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, that is the place.
I don't think I am up to the challenge of installing this myself.
I will have to wait until I get a complete set & take it to a gunsmith.

Thank you all for your help.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
After I saw your original post and read the responses, I ordered one from here also.

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you install the rear sight? Was it as difficult & as it seems?

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Haven't tried it yet. Gonna' get to it this week. I am NOT very handy, so if I can do figure out how to do it, anyone can. I'll post it up in a few days...if all goes well.

posted Hide Post
Is this a joke? I knew the 250 had a unique sight but I didn't ever imagine it involved all that. Holy fuck they made that more complicated than necessary.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I think there was a brief phase where the trendier pistol designers insisted on making rear sights perform multiple functions. It was a crappy idea on the Caracal, too.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were you successful?
I am not looking forward to disassembling the slide to that extent.
My luck I will end up with a bag of parts.

Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
SIG should offer a P250 sight insert that is dove tailed to take normal SIG sights that will fill the normat space a P250 rear sight fills. This wpuld allow you to swap the part once and the use normal sights ever after.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
SIG should offer a P250 sight insert that is dove tailed to take normal SIG sights that will fill the normat space a P250 rear sight fills. This wpuld allow you to swap the part once and the use normal sights ever after.

You may want to take this excellent idea to Gray Guns.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tritium rear sights on CDNN are a steal - but my 250 came with them. I'd have to agree that the rear sight situation seems like an abomination - but SIG must've had some good reasoning and engineering behind it. My guess is that the hammer needed to be extra-long to ensure reliable ignition so they had to have it come up too high in the slide for a regular rear sight. Wish I'd thought of the sight insert! My 250 still spends most nights on the nightstand beside me - with a spare mag in it's cheapie holster. Still one of my best buy decisions and I wish they still offered it ... Frown

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post