Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92's Login/Join 
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of these from Dan's Ammo a few years back. The gun is completely new and unused. It has the updated locking block, slide-retention hammer pin, tall sights, updated trigger, and a manual safety that looks like the LH side of a 92-SB safety lever. With the high polished anodized frame and blued slide, I think it's just a gorgeous 80's era 9mm. They don't make em' like that anymore.

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always admired the classic look of those trade-ins. But one thing I never understood was the fact that Beretta made both them and the 92FS at the same time. A guy would think they would have dropped the old style from production and only made the 92FS. I love my Italian made 92FS so much but wanted it to resemble the old school 92 so it was sent to Allegheny Gun Works for a trigger guard rounding job. The frame was re-annodized too. While it was there Josh installed a real steel trigger, one-sided safety lever and mag release.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentMike:
I picked up one of these from Dan's Ammo a few years back. The gun is completely new and unused. It has the updated locking block, slide-retention hammer pin, tall sights, updated trigger, and a manual safety that looks like the LH side of a 92-SB safety lever. With the high polished anodized frame and blued slide, I think it's just a gorgeous 80's era 9mm. They don't make em' like that anymore.

Same.

I put a Pachmayr backstrap grip on mine that was part of a NOS kit I got off eBay since these have zero checkering on them. Gorgeous guns.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:

I completely understand the short falls of this platform, but damn, at this price....

I certainly don't, but I'd love to hear what they are?

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
I got my M92S for $289 and am so happy with it that I am considering another. Great piece of history and mine is a greater shooter.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
I inherited my brother's 92S that he bought brand new in early 1980 (guessing a 1979 build). Have the original box and receipt ($440 before tax). I know he fired this a lot over the years and the finish showed it. I had the pistol refinished and added some Talon grip tape as the smooth plastic grips were just too slippery for my taste.

Pic here with my recent edition - a Wilson/Beretta 92G Centurion Tactical.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: retpd,

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I was watching all the 92S's on the market for $300ish and was really wanting one. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on one, I stumbled across an LEO trade-in 92FS online for $350 and grabbed it. A few weeks later, I found another LEO trade-in 92FS locally for $350 and couldn't resist.

I do like the looks of the 92S and will still probably get one some day.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post