SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone use a Jarvis compensator on a Beretta?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a Jarvis compensator on a Beretta? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I want to put one on my 92A1. I'm doing it for the greatest reason of all... because it looks cool and I can.

Just curious if anyone has one or used one, are they quality, do they screw with reliability?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Don't have a Jarvis but have had an Accu-Systems bushing compensator on my 1986 Taurus nickle PT99AF for decades. This is not a screw on but rather a clamp on affair. Beretta actually marketed their own version of this back in the day as well. It has a small angled wedge that forces the barrel nose to lock up in the exact same position improving accuracy. I was turned on to it by some Napa CA LEOs back in the '80s. And yes, it works very well. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
If I may/sorry to throw another kink into your plans, Razz I haven't used a Jarvis, but I had this 90-two with the "SGS-Style comp" sold by the guy named Ric over on Beretta Forum. It attaches via an included guide rod, and then centers itself on the frame. No customization of the barrel needed. It was heavier, looked dang cool, and made the gun the softest 9mm I've ever shot. but it was twice the price of your Jarvis one, IIRC.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the Compensators make the pistol front heavy?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post