SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Just Put One Of The Recently Discontinued Dan Wesson V-Bob's On Laway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Just Put One Of The Recently Discontinued Dan Wesson V-Bob's On Laway Login/Join 
Picture of Browndrake
posted
My LGS had a SS Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob (.45acp) in and I fell in love with it. After checking it out a couple of times I went ahead and put some money down on it. I read where DW is discontinuing the Valor series and I figured it was now or never if I wanted a new one. I've never owned a 1911, but I've always wanted one and this one just felt right.

So who has experience with these and how do you like it? I am stretching it a bit financially to do this and I might be looking at selling a gun or two to actually make it happen. The layaway plan at my LGS is incredible and if I decide to bail on this it isn't going to really hurt much. I have quite a bit of time to ponder this decision without putting any real money into it.

So what do you guys have to say about these?

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Best production model 1911 made. Hand fitted parts in forged frames. As close to a custom shop 1911 without paying twice as much.
Worth the expense at this point in time.
It will be the next "Python" in value.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought mine 2nd hand (20 rounds thru it). Great 1911. Also have DWs in 10mm and 2 9 mm. Have 5 Colts and a SA. DWs definitely best.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I think you will love it. It would take a mighty fine 1911 to make me sell mine. I like the sights, the trigger, and the grip. Very well done in my opinion.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not a Bob, but other than the back of the grip, my Valor Commander is identical, and is an amazing shooter.

Dan Wessons are the best value in semi-custom 1911s on the market. You won't be disappointed.

Posts: 32422 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
got2hav1, that is a beautiful pistol!

I am also interested in how many rounds guys felt were required to break in their pistol. 200-300 is what seems to come up somewhat consistently.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Not a Bob, but other than the back of the grip, my Valor Commander is identical, and is an amazing shooter.

Dan Wessons are the best value in semi-custom 1911s on the market. You won't be disappointed.

The pistol I put on layaway is the commander size. To my eyes it just hits that sweet spot.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have around 100 rounds thru mine. Cleaned and oiled it good before shooting and it has been flawless during that time.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
Hmm, guessing the one at OT they had in the magazine stands Wink
Had it been duty coat I’d have it right now. I thought they were a little high on price, but as you pointed out, their layaway makes it easy to just say yes.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Malamutes:
Hmm, guessing the one at OT they had in the magazine stands Wink
Had it been duty coat I’d have it right now. I thought they were a little high on price, but as you pointed out, their layaway makes it easy to just say yes.

Yes sir, that would be the one! I like the looks of the SS models the best, but after learning more about that Duty Coat I have to agree that it is probably the way to go.
I also agree in that OT is definitely on the high side of price for that pistol.

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have the standard grip (non-bobbed like RogueJSK's) Valor Commander in both .45 and 9mm. They are excellent, well made guns. They are pretty much the only 1911s I take to the range nowaydays. I've thought about getting the V-Bob over the years too but since I don't carry 1911s, I decided to just stick with the standard grip. I'd probably still buy a V-Bob if I ever stumble upon one locally. I'm sure you're going to love it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I have always wanted one of those.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Cbob. Great 1911 .45. I think you will love it!

OZ

Posts: 158 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post