SIGforum
I Just Put One Of The Recently Discontinued Dan Wesson V-Bob's On Laway

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8200055454

March 14, 2019, 04:33 PM
Browndrake
I Just Put One Of The Recently Discontinued Dan Wesson V-Bob's On Laway
My LGS had a SS Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob (.45acp) in and I fell in love with it. After checking it out a couple of times I went ahead and put some money down on it. I read where DW is discontinuing the Valor series and I figured it was now or never if I wanted a new one. I've never owned a 1911, but I've always wanted one and this one just felt right.

So who has experience with these and how do you like it? I am stretching it a bit financially to do this and I might be looking at selling a gun or two to actually make it happen. The layaway plan at my LGS is incredible and if I decide to bail on this it isn't going to really hurt much. I have quite a bit of time to ponder this decision without putting any real money into it.

So what do you guys have to say about these?

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

March 14, 2019, 05:10 PM
SIGfourme
Best production model 1911 made. Hand fitted parts in forged frames. As close to a custom shop 1911 without paying twice as much.
Worth the expense at this point in time.
It will be the next "Python" in value.
March 14, 2019, 05:56 PM
wxl
Bought mine 2nd hand (20 rounds thru it). Great 1911. Also have DWs in 10mm and 2 9 mm. Have 5 Colts and a SA. DWs definitely best.
March 14, 2019, 06:08 PM
got2hav1
I think you will love it. It would take a mighty fine 1911 to make me sell mine. I like the sights, the trigger, and the grip. Very well done in my opinion.

JEREMIAH 33:3
March 14, 2019, 06:21 PM
RogueJSK
Not a Bob, but other than the back of the grip, my Valor Commander is identical, and is an amazing shooter.

Dan Wessons are the best value in semi-custom 1911s on the market. You won't be disappointed.
March 14, 2019, 06:24 PM
Browndrake
got2hav1, that is a beautiful pistol!

I am also interested in how many rounds guys felt were required to break in their pistol. 200-300 is what seems to come up somewhat consistently.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

March 14, 2019, 06:28 PM
Browndrake
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Not a Bob, but other than the back of the grip, my Valor Commander is identical, and is an amazing shooter.

Dan Wessons are the best value in semi-custom 1911s on the market. You won't be disappointed.

The pistol I put on layaway is the commander size. To my eyes it just hits that sweet spot.

March 14, 2019, 07:20 PM
got2hav1
I have around 100 rounds thru mine. Cleaned and oiled it good before shooting and it has been flawless during that time.

JEREMIAH 33:3
March 14, 2019, 10:20 PM
2Malamutes
Hmm, guessing the one at OT they had in the magazine stands Wink
Had it been duty coat I’d have it right now. I thought they were a little high on price, but as you pointed out, their layaway makes it easy to just say yes.
March 15, 2019, 05:58 AM
Browndrake
quote:
Originally posted by 2Malamutes:
Hmm, guessing the one at OT they had in the magazine stands Wink
Had it been duty coat I’d have it right now. I thought they were a little high on price, but as you pointed out, their layaway makes it easy to just say yes.

Yes sir, that would be the one! I like the looks of the SS models the best, but after learning more about that Duty Coat I have to agree that it is probably the way to go.
I also agree in that OT is definitely on the high side of price for that pistol.

March 15, 2019, 09:01 AM
bobandmikako
I have the standard grip (non-bobbed like RogueJSK's) Valor Commander in both .45 and 9mm. They are excellent, well made guns. They are pretty much the only 1911s I take to the range nowaydays. I've thought about getting the V-Bob over the years too but since I don't carry 1911s, I decided to just stick with the standard grip. I'd probably still buy a V-Bob if I ever stumble upon one locally. I'm sure you're going to love it.

十人十色
March 15, 2019, 03:33 PM
nukeandpave
Congrats! I have always wanted one of those.
March 15, 2019, 05:19 PM
Oscar Zulu
I have a Cbob. Great 1911 .45. I think you will love it!

OZ