SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dumb question of the week.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb question of the week. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Bought a GGI PAIT trigger for my M11-A1. Watched a video or two on how to remove and replace. I have zero knowledge on how to do anything gunsmith-like, but I think I'll be able to figure it out.

Time for stupid question. It's had a trigger job (AEP) done to it. Do they actually do anything to the trigger when doing a trigger job?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Possibly polished the side of the trigger that contacts the trigger bar and the inside of the holes for the trigger pin and trigger bar pin. Should be pretty obvious if it’s been done.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not that I don't trust ceptor, can someone confirm or refute his answer?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I agree with ceptor781 post. Not much more needs to be said.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Captor is spot on, hope you aren't neighbors, he'll probably have his dog shit on your lawn.

There are half moon shaped areas on both sides that get polished.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
OK question number two. If I see polishing, how do I duplicate it? Little flitz and a dremmel I assume? Can I ruin anything if I try to duplicate what I end up finding?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
OK question number two. If I see polishing, how do I duplicate it? Little flitz and a dremmel I assume? Can I ruin anything if I try to duplicate what I end up finding?

Avoid the Dremel-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Avoid the Dremel-

Use a Battery Powered dremel on slow speed & you will have no problem.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Shoot it before you mess with anything.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I had an action job done on my OEM trigger by GGI many years ago and it is excellent. I recently installed a P-SAIT and the trigger pull got a little better. I didn't think about doing anything to the P-SAIT, just install it. The major areas being addressed by an action job aren't the trigger (if it is touched at all).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post