SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    cz sp 01 tactical or glock 34???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz sp 01 tactical or glock 34??? Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
guys,
I hate to come here and ask your opinion,as i have done some research on both guns.

But the real world experience is what i take to the bank.I know the guns are different in a lot of ways,but also are great guns in there own ways.

Question is,if you had the opportunity to buy either one ,lnib,which one would you grab??
the 34 9mm for 400.00 ,or the cz tactical for 500.00?
thanks for advice guys

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Me personally, g34, due to magazines g17 (cheap and everywhere) and I am familiar with glocks; parts are available easily.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SP-01 all the way.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't hesitate with the G34. Spend the extra hundred bucks toward a good set of sights.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
guys,
I hate to come here and ask your opinion,as i have done some research on both guns.

But the real world experience is what i take to the bank.

I agree on the real world experience. Your best bet is to rent or borrow both to shoot for yourself and then decide what works best for you.

CZ trigger reset will be quite a but longer than the Glock if that matters and do you want DA for first shot versus versus same trigger pull every time with striker fired? Some don't like the short/small slide grip area on CZs either while others don't care.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
forgot to mention the 34 has the 100 dollar fibre optic sights.green.For some reason,i just am really liking the glock gun.

I have had dozens od sw m&p guns.Some sigs.Some hk guns.

But the glock gen 4 guns are just plain good shooting guns for me,for the money,i can got wrong.I even like them better than the sig 320 guns.

I know i am probably stirring up a lot of opinions,but after 40 years,and lots of pistol shooting, the gen 4 glock guns are shooters.
the sw shield 9mm is a great ccw gun for me,in 9mm.

The dw pointman pm9 9mm is a great 1911 shooter.

Well,it is great this forum lets a guy ask and explain why we do what we do.

My next question is going tom be ar guns.Man there is a ton of guns at great prices.

I had a chance at colt 6920 guns for 779.There are rugers on aucton arms for 469.00.i want one nice ar .tthanks for advice,and time folks.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My first question would have to be what are you going to use it for?

Both guns will do a fine job at just about anything you throw at it. In many of the gun games, a variant of the CZ seems to be nestled in the top spots of the sport. The DA shot is more forgiving on the draw, recoil is soft making follow up shots easy, and the gun lends itself to the secondary functions of speed reloading really well. There are many add on options for the stuff that gamers like and they are quite popular.

The Glock 34? Yeah, they are everywhere. They probably dominate the local matches (at least around here) as the single most popular gun. They are popular with a bunch of LE special ops outfits. You can get holsters, magazines, and parts just about everywhere. They are truly a pistol lego set. (You can build one with just about anything). If you want to attach a light to it, there are about 100 holsters available.

It's hard to go wrong with either, but I would need a bit more information about your usage before I could hazard a guess to which one would be right for you.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
Both good guns. Buy the Glock and take the $100.00 left over and put down on the CZ to hold it for you. Wink

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Some manufacturers just didn't get the memo. If you want to sell guns, make available & reasonably priced, your magazines! +1
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
Me personally, g34, due to magazines g17 (cheap and everywhere) and I am familiar with glocks; parts are available easily.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It's not like CZ75 mags are not available and cheap as well. I think I just saw 16 round mecgars (who make CZ Mags) for like 19.99.

As for the guns it's really an apples to oranges, or more aptly lobster vs filet kind of question. Are you in the mood for really good seafood or really good steak.

Both are great guns. Both are completely different. Hammer fired DA/SA all steel classic design vs polymer, striker fired, modern design(well more modern then the CZ)

I lean towards the SP01 since I REALLY like mine and have a soft spot for DA/SA. My Glocks are great guns but leave me kind of cold.

All in all I don't think there is a mechanically wrong choice here. You just need to decide on the seafood or steak.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry folks, forgot to mention guns would be range and home defense,and just plinking.I had 12 different sw mp guns from 2003 to 2012.I could not get over having to spend 150 dollars on a new gun to get a better trigger,etc.

But thats me.I like my glocks.Dont love them,but really like them.My 17l is the softest shooting 9mm i have ever fired.There are so many guns to chose from,and none are head and shoulders above another.Thanks for advice once again fellers.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Those are good prices if buying new. Hell, we sell the Gen4 G34 for MORE than the SP-01 Tactical.

Own both, but ironically I take my SP-01 Tact out more despite me being "a Glock guy". For me it comes down to the swell on the backstrap with the full-size 9/40/357 Glock frame rather than the CZ 'fitting me better' (the CZ doesn't point "naturally" for me, but I adapt quickly to it). Where I like the compact Glock a lot, I generally don't cooperate as nicely with the full-size's 'hump'. In addition I have other long-barreled 9mm strikers and others that I shoot markedly better, so my G34 spends its days sitting forlornly in one of my safes. I've considered selling off the G34 previously but thanks to the prodding of a coworker I'm contemplating the idea of cutting down the grip and turning it into a G19 Erstaunlich.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the G34 as there are more options to change things on it or even customize the pistol with an rmr, barrels, machining, triggers,etc., the possibilities are endless. Parts can be found anywhere and like others have said, mags are cheaper. The CZ pistol is nice and me personally, would prefer a decocker model on it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I've shot both in USPSA.
The CZ by a mile and a half.
The ergonomics and weight of the steel gun are absolutely perfect and since the CZ is the most popular sport pistol you'll have no problem finding any go-fast parts or holsters.
17 round Mecgars are $19.99. 17 round Glock mags are usually $24.99.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
guys,

But the real world experience is what i take to the bank.I know the guns are different in a lot of ways,but also are great guns in there own ways.

Question is,if you had the opportunity to buy either one ,lnib,which one would you grab??
the 34 9mm for 400.00 ,or the cz tactical for 500.00?
thanks for advice guys

It really comes down to what has caught your fancy the most - for the moment. From a practical standpoint, the G34 is the way to go for the simple reason of aftermarket parts and custom options availability. Also, with any Glock, after the ".25 cent trigger job" is done, one suddenly finds the Glock trigger kind of sweet...and that's without even getting into the zillion or so different ways one can set up their own trigger thanks to the fact that a Glock can be stripped down to its component parts with nothing more than a pin punch in about 45 seconds. Aftermarket barrels are pentiful and inexpensive, grip enhancements everywhere, magazines are inexpensive and that includes the under-appreciated 30+ round versions that you will NOT find for any CZ. The worst thing I can say about a Glock is the grip can feel odd in the hand for many people, but otherwise, you'd be hard pressed to find a "better" pistol for serious service.

The SP-01 Tactical is basically CZ's answer to the current craze in the U.S. for "tacticool" modifications. It comes with a threaded barrel which saves some bucks trying to find one aftermarket, so that's a plus, but it's still internally a CZ-75 with the same hammer and trigger system...meaning LONG and heavy DA trigger stroke, though the ability to carry it cocked and locked offsets this since this is how one would most likely carry it if knowingly going into harm's way. I love the ergonomics of the CZ, and the "pointability" factor, which I might add, is reduced by the currently popular addition of large, blocky sights built more for range shooting than SD situations. My take on the CZ SP-01 is pretty much my take on the CZ-75B...it's a sturdy, well-built, early generation design that I COULD carry into harm's way, and I WOULD carry into harm's way....if I didn't have a selection of Glocks - and even Sigs that would precede it into my holster. So for me this makes the CZ a gun I just had to buy and experience, but after the new wore off, my Glock 29 returned to it's place as carry number one, though of late I have become enamored of the Sig SP2022 in .40 S&W as a "safer" carry option, for the giveaway of about 150 lb-ft of KE per shot.

So...I think you WANT the CZ....because it is cool and a whole lot fewer people are ever going to have one than the Glock 34, so if you can afford to buy it without sweating the cost, go for it and enjoy the unique personality it brings with it, and when the honeymoon is over grab the G34!

Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
The CZ pistol is nice and me personally, would prefer a decocker model on it.

Unless the OP has found some unusual variant, the SP-01 Tactical IS a decocker model.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 35 and the Sp-01 Tactical in .40. Both are just range toys. I have to say I like the extra weight of the Sp-01 and I do shoot it better than the 35.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents.I have a vp9 i have not shot yet,but the trigger feels great.The sw m&p 2.0 is also a better gun then the first run of guns.Twice in my life,i have had gun safes full of nice,ok pistols.

None were hands above any other polymer gun.The 226 sse is a soft shooter,because of weight,but i did not get a whole lot better groups for the extra 600 cash it cost.

The glock 17l is the nicest smoothest polymer gun i have shot..But hard to conceal.The gun companys are really trying to get our dollar by putting out a good product.

The polymer x 5 looks good.The dw point man 9 is hard to beat for a range 9 mm.
I know we have seen the saying buy one of each,but i hate to have 100 round guns laying around the safe,I would rather put the money on some nice varmint rifles,which i know i would use more back in north Dakota.

I wont go cheap on a varmint gun or 2.I just would love a few handguns,whatever they be,in my trucks,nightstand,that are all the same,interchangeable,and all the same shooting manual of arms.The glock 34 fit that niche for me.

My glock 34 has the fibre optic sights,ghost trigger,and is just a nice gun.Its that i see the good reviews on the cz,vp9,sw mp 2.0,i want to try one.

But the cz could also.Or the vp9. see them for 475 now.I have finally come to a place,where i have a little cash,that my self protection guns should be the same,and when i pick one up,i have the natural feel and shooting in every gun.I dont want 5 extra guns,because they are all pretty nice,laying around

I want the same guns for familiarity of how they feel.I see used glock 17 with threaded barrel for 375.00

The main reason i ask,is the softest ,nicest most easy to ccw gun foe is the sw shield i bought for 250.00.And i have had at least 10 fellow shooters ,and range officer men,agree,that they love the gun also.

I really do thank you gents for advice and help.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
The SP-01 Tactical is basically CZ's answer to the current craze in the U.S. for "tacticool" modifications. It comes with a threaded barrel

I think you may be confused about CZ's line. The Tactical model is basically the SP01 with a decocker intead of a safety and night sights. There is a threaded bbl model available with suppressor sights but that's a different animal.

Also the aftermarket support for this particular model wants for nothing. It is THE most popular pistol for USPSA production and minor limited class.

The Glock is a fine pistol but it's favored more by the tacticool/operator types and the hammer guns are what the top competitors are running.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Old thread but I bought a CZ Shadow 2 for USPSA Production instead of a Glock 34. I was shooting my G17 but I much prefer the CZ. You do have to manually decock the Shadow 2, but that’s easy enough.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post